BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-27-2021, 06:37 PM   #1
scaryharry19
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 VF620

Anyone know a good appraiser?

Gents,

Sadly I totaled my M3 a few weeks back.. very gnarly crash but I managed to walk away.

The offer insurance gave me does not equate to a comparable replacement. Mine was heavily modified and had a fresh motor with 18k miles.

I'd like to find a 3rd party appraiser that knows this market well. Could any of you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Harrison
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:32 PM   #2
dmz_m3
///M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

Sorry to hear that man. Glad you're okay!

I was rear ended in July and my '12 E92 M3 ZCP was totaled. Insurance ended up offering me a low offer compared to what the car is worth on the market. They said I would need to get an appraiser for them to change the offer. But what I did was gather all of the comparable cars that I could find (same spec, similar KM) from autotrader, kijiji, etc... (around 10 cars). I also sent them a list of all of my modifications and receipts for all of it. In the end, they raised the offer by around 35%, which I accepted.

I even included some cars with way less KM and let them adjust the price for the KMs. The important thing in my case was that the spec was the same.

I would suggest doing the same and not backing down until you get an offer that you're happy with.

I don't know an appraiser to recommend, but hopefully this still helps you.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

You will be in for a long fight. Sometimes fighting with an appraiser opens a whole new can of worms.

Not sure what they are offering you, but if you have all the receipts for your mods (some wont be covered) they should raise the amount. Hope for them to raise the offer about 20-35%, if that is still too low you may have to lawyer up.

Keep us posted!
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #4
scaryharry19
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

For some context:

Nationwide is offering me $27,684.13.. bear in mind they initially quoted me $12,500 not knowing the difference between "a 3 series" as they put it, and an M3...

I bought my M3 in 2019 for $27,500 with 69,000 mi. I wrecked it at 83,000. It was a 2008 space grey over silver interior, carbon roof. List of mods I bought it with (no paperwork) included:
- VF620 supercharger kit
- Tial BOV
- BPM engine, tranny & servo Tunes
- Quad resonated TopSpeed x-pipe
- Cat delete
- Forgestar SDC rims, gloss black
- carbon lip, diffuser, spoiler
- LUX angle eyes
- Boost, Lambda, oil pressure gauges

I blew the motor and had ASM BMW in Savannah install an 18,500 mile motor. The motor on the inside looked immaculate. I have paper and many pics for all of the following less the replacement engine's mileage. During that time we installed:
- VAC RBs
- ARP CR Bolts
- ARP Head Studs
- MLS head gaskets
- Active Autowerke underdrive pulley
- rebiult the supercharger @ Vortech
- Walbro Hellcat 525 Low Pressure Fuel Pump
- Extensive tranny maintenance
- custom tune by SMS of Atl
- Megan racing supremo axle back

It is my opinion I wouldn't be able to find a comparable replacement given current market conditions for less than $37,000.

See pics below.
Attached Images

Last edited by scaryharry19; 09-30-2021 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep

Don't count on reimbursement for anything you do not have a receipt for. Focus on the receipts you do have.

They will also not care about you being able to replace the car with another supercharger or with any other mods. They offer based on a the vin equipment, basically.

In fairness maybe you should look at it as a blessing that they are offering anything close to what you paid for it.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #6
scaryharry19
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post
Don't count on reimbursement for anything you do not have a receipt for. Focus on the receipts you do have.

They will also not care about you being able to replace the car with another supercharger or with any other mods. They offer based on a the vin equipment, basically.

In fairness maybe you should look at it as a blessing that they are offering anything close to what you paid for it.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Fair point.. This is the idea I've been coming to. They only added $1,843.00 for $30k worth of paperwork though, which feels rather unfair.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #7
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryharry19 View Post
Fair point.. This is the idea I've been coming to. They only added $1,843.00 for $30k worth of paperwork though, which feels rather unfair.
Hey man,

How did this turn out. Ive been thinking about this one for a few days. Hope something fell your way.
Appreciate 0