R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #1
Ctrigoso
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
CF roof repair in Connecticut

Took the car out for the first time this year and a rock hit the CF roof. I am from the new london county in Connecticut and locally no one can fix this for me, all I get is shops telling me I need a new roof lol. Can anyone point me on the right direction to get this fix? I've looked online and I believe this is very fixable since the weave is intact. Prefer to take it somewhere reputable in CT. Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 12:34 AM   #2
geroz1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrigoso View Post
Took the car out for the first time this year and a rock hit the CF roof. I am from the new london county in Connecticut and locally no one can fix this for me, all I get is shops telling me I need a new roof lol. Can anyone point me on the right direction to get this fix? I've looked online and I believe this is very fixable since the weave is intact. Prefer to take it somewhere reputable in CT. Thank you!
I'd put clear coat on it to make sure it doesn't get worse.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 06:50 AM   #3
Ctrigoso
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroz1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrigoso View Post
I'd put clear coat on it to make sure it doesn't get worse.
I'm afraid or making it worse. I read that people throw some resin and the wet sand and polish but I do not want to make a small chip an even bigger issue 😩😩
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #4
Vandaljimenez
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Lmao whoever said you need a new roof over a superficial clear coat chip, is an idiot. That looks exactly like what happened to my roof (and many others), and I have a shop reclearing the roof in a couple weeks… Definitely recommend getting PPF on that roof after the respray though.
Appreciate 1
icegrill2080.50
      04-06-2022, 01:15 PM   #5
Ctrigoso
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandaljimenez View Post
Lmao whoever said you need a new roof over a superficial clear coat chip, is an idiot. That looks exactly like what happened to my roof (and many others), and I have a shop reclearing the roof in a couple weeks… Definitely recommend getting PPF on that roof after the respray though.
Yea I figured replacing the roof was a little over the top lol but yea trying to find a shop in the ct area, but it all points towards looking outside my state
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 10:14 AM   #6
HarryTee
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4CP & 2017 440i GC

No need to repair. Put a clear coat on and it will largely hide the chip.
I did that with my splitter and the chip looks like it's disappeared.
Appreciate 0