European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-21-2022, 04:37 AM   #1
Janmeet
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Post F82 M4 Engine light in

Hi guys,

I have a F82 M4, I didn’t drive the car for 2 and half weeks and it’s been sat on my drive, I started it to move it out of the drive for some builders while getting some renovations done and it was all as per normal, turned over straight away and started without issues, had to move the car again yesterday and when I started it I had every electrical error show up on screen so I was advised to take it for a drive, took it for a drive all the errors are gone but there an engine light still on the front instrument cluster but nothing in notification centre, will the engine light go away by itself after a while or will I need to get a new battery and have it coded to the car for it to go away?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 09:39 AM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janmeet View Post
Hi guys,

I have a F82 M4, I didn’t drive the car for 2 and half weeks and it’s been sat on my drive, I started it to move it out of the drive for some builders while getting some renovations done and it was all as per normal, turned over straight away and started without issues, had to move the car again yesterday and when I started it I had every electrical error show up on screen so I was advised to take it for a drive, took it for a drive all the errors are gone but there an engine light still on the front instrument cluster but nothing in notification centre, will the engine light go away by itself after a while or will I need to get a new battery and have it coded to the car for it to go away?

Thanks,
Would recommend pulling the code and seeing what it actually is... a CEL can be a slew of things.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 10:38 AM   #3
kwikshift
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

If you dont have an OBD II reader/scanner you can stop by a local auto parts store and they should be able to help.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 01:28 AM   #4
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Weird. Probably related to the battery. Try driving on the freeway at highway speed for 10 mins or something and see if the light turns off on their own. I think the battery recharges when you're coasting under normal driving conditions.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 06:55 AM   #5
llvsixaxisvll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 6MT

Seconding battery issues. Probably had enough to start the first time no problem but not the second. Also recommend driving around for a few miles and see what happens
Appreciate 0