BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts

Mporium BMW

07-06-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
siulung2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Monte Carlo

FS: Mode Carbon Side Skirt w/ fitment issue

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Purchased a 2x2 side skirt extension from Mode Carbon because I thought that's the best-looking option out there, and that comes with the worst customer service. It took a year of emailing back and forth to finally receive the product. It ended up doesn't fit right.

The driver side is okay but the passenger side is not. If I make the rear fit, the front will pop out, and vice versa. Yes, I tried removing the side skirt. Of course, Mode Carbon just disappears. No email, no phone call, etc even tho they are actively posting IG and Ads on the forum.

So here we have a side skirt extension for sale. Again, driver side doesn't fit well. There's a small cut at the inner edge where my body shop is trying to sand it down a bit to make it fit (see picture). The only way my shop suggested is to glue it to the side skirt and fill the gap with bondo. Smooth it out and then paint it.

I paid $1700 for this and just hope to get at least $500 back to buy another one elsewhere. If you or your buddy works at a body shop, you may be able to get it to work. Asking $500+shipping OBO or pick up in Atlanta

If you wanna see pics or video, send me a pm. Thanks!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 09:25 PM   #2
STONEDM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3

Curious how long ago did you purchase these because they told me they have been discontinued and that's been about 2 year ago
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 09:46 PM   #3
siulung2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEDM3 View Post
Curious how long ago did you purchase these because they told me they have been discontinued and that's been about 2 years ago
Like September 2020
Appreciate 0