Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-28-2022, 10:49 PM   #1
f80seth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 205 bmw m3 f80

f80 clunking/thud noise

so i've noticed my f80 is making a knocking/clunking noise coming to a complete stop, or when i accelerate from 0 its like as if it has a loose motor mount or something? please tell me its normal i have a dct trans i took it to bmw dealership and got a full vehicle inspection a little over a month ago and they said everything was fine, please tell me im paranoid and its normal… heres a couple videos [IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d4a...WHW7_tm_qwb2rQ[/IMG] [IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/07fX...Dye4zJiim2kpfA[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 12:01 AM   #2
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Heya,

I didnt download the vid, but yes the DCT is clunky. It makes noises both dirrections for sure....

With that said, there is well known issue with the rear diff bushing. It cracks or tears and a clunk develops in the situations you stated above.

I bought my car knowing it needed to be replaced and then immediatly had it done (added a Turner plate and poly bushings. Not for everyone). It cost about 1500 parts included.

If you search in the Engine/driveline sub-forum, there are like ten if not more threads about this and the different solutions.

good luck!

josh

PS The bad bushing is something you can visualize by crawling under the rear of the car.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2023, 03:45 PM   #3
luangomes
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

hello friend, I have the same problem, even after changing the bushings for an ECS 95A kit I still feel a slack in the cardan, when I release the pedal and when I reverse, did you manage to solve it? if yes, how?
Appreciate 0