BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
tadow213m
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I've been robbed...thanks Pacific BMW

About a week ago I had to take my car in for servicing regarding a recall for my DCT; my car basically stopped turning on. I dropped off my car at Pacific BMW in Glendale CA like usual because i always get all my vehicles serviced there (this 08' M3 is my 5th BMW, Pacific BMW is my local dealership), and I was told that i would get a call in the afternoon with a status on my car. I got the call late that afternoon that my car was ready for pick up so I decided that i would pick up my car the next day since i could not get off work early to make it in before closing. I picked up my car, all the problems had been resolved so i was happy and drove off. I went to turn on my stereo and oddly enough my iDrive said that there was no device attached. I opened my arm rest where my iPod is connected to and my iPod was gone. Now before jumping to any conclusions i called the dealership right away and asked to speak with a manager and i was transferred to a lady who told me that she would look into this issue for me. About ten minutes later i got a call back from the same lady who told me that the technician did not know anything about my missing iPod and that i had initialed their work order so they were not liable. Now its been many years that i have had my cars serviced there and i never once took my iPod out of the car because it just seems like an item to me that attaches to the car and does not seem like a "personal item" as they always indicate that i should have to worry about at MY local AUTHORIZED BMW dealership, i mean where is the trust? Whats even worse is that I have left multiple messages and even emailed the customer relations manager but she just ignores my calls and i am yet to hear back from the dealership. I never once questioned any service rep as to why i was initialing for any missing items because it wasn't like i was leaving my car with some random mechanic shop, i mean really why would i lie about a $300 iPod when i trust you with my $76,000.00 car? It all just seems ridiculous to me and i think Pacific BMW should step up and actually make an effort to help me out. I was also told that they have cameras everywhere yet no one can tell me who worked on or touched my car that day besides the technician...a big help those cameras are. I realize it is my word versus theirs, but being such a loyal BMW customer i thought my dealership would at least be willing to work with me.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

That sucks. I hope you find out what really happened although that is unlikely with people who don't care.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
Purple88Gold
Holding Out
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 88 Honda Civic DX

Sorry to hear that. Hope they somehow find it or just like you said, you've been going there for years, your SA need to step up and reimburse you. You shouldn't have to ask in the first place.

And thanks for the heads up. I've never brought my car there for service. Guess I never will.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
tadow213m
Private
United_States
Rep

I really hate to drop the name of the dealership on here but im just really disappointed in their service and how they are or actually are not handling the entire situation. I guess I'll never leave anything in my car again....maybe i should grab my floor mats while im at it since i always initial their work order and they are not responsible for ANYTHING missing! =(
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
BMW_03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 xDrive30i On Order

sucks man...i bought a car from there before too..but i wouldnt again... it was a pain in the ass to get a hold of that lady from customer relations...Robin I think it's her name? anyways that's why I just went straight to BMWNA to deal with my issues and they helped me out. I hope you get your issue resolved. Who's your SA btw?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
tadow213m
Private
United_States
Rep

My SA is Hassan, but to be honest he is great, no problems with him at all, if anything he is the only person there who has been nice and helpful. As far as management is concerned, well they are impossible to speak to and do not return calls.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Sorry to hear about this. These are the threads that seem to get swept under the rug whenever the debate about trust and your dealership comes up. You'll probably have someone chime in any minute to tell you that you are making the whole thing up; you know because its completely impossible that anyone employed at a BMW dealership could be dishonest.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
BMW_03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 xDrive30i On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadow213m View Post
My SA is Hassan, but to be honest he is great, no problems with him at all, if anything he is the only person there who has been nice and helpful. As far as management is concerned, well they are impossible to speak to and do not return calls.
I agree with you. Hassan is very helpful. But as far as the service manager and everyone else they're ... What sucks too is that even if you give them nothing but 1's on the service survey it will only hurt your SA and not the dealer really.. If you have time try going down there to talk to the service manager, I'm sure they'll see that you're more serious that way, right now they're just trying to see if you'll just suck it up, take the loss and move on, for a $300 Ipod i think it's worth the try...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #9
tadow213m
Private
United_States
Rep

You are right...I called BMW of North America so hopefully they will be able to get the dealership to contact me, if not than i guess I will have to end up wasting more of my time to go in there and try to speak with a manager....such a hassle this has become.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Paragraphs... would help.

Second of all, I don't leave my Ipod in the car any time it is going to be out of hands and someone else has access to. I don't care if the pope is going to be working on it, I'm not leaving my Ipod in it. Plus, he would probably erase most of my music and replace it with Christmas carols.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #11
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I wouldn't wait for BMWNA if I were you. I think you should go over there tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #12
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

I never leave my stuff in my cars no matter what dealership period!!! My car is empty also I take out the OEM tools as well.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
tadow213m
Private
United_States
Rep

I don't leave my personal items in the car either, but after having left my ipod in my car for so long and it never being an issue i just got used to it because i never take it out unless im updating my files which isn't to often. If it were any other item like a wallet or glasses or something like that than id say it were my own fault, but this is an item that attaches to the car because of an option that i paid extra for so in my opinion the ipod belongs in the car; its never been a issue before.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadow213m View Post
I really hate to drop the name of the dealership on here but im just really disappointed in their service and how they are or actually are not handling the entire situation. I guess I'll never leave anything in my car again....maybe i should grab my floor mats while im at it since i always initial their work order and they are not responsible for ANYTHING missing! =(

That's frustrating. It will hard to get some satisfaction out of this. At least you gave the rest of us a little heads up to be a little more diligent when dropping our cars off at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Sucks to hear man...but u do have to consider that when u take your vehicle in for servicing there is many people that drive your vehicle not just the tech. There is the porter that takes it upstairs, there are other porters upstairs who move it around if needed. Then there is the tech who takes it to the wash/detail guys when hes done, the porter who takes it from the wash/detail guys to the finished vehicle section and last the porter who takes it to u for pick up.

So If anyone took your i pod i think the tech would b the last person to blame. Anyways I know how Pacific BMW works and Im sure if you go and make a big deal out of it something will be done. Talk to Terry Wallace (service manager) and tell her how your a loyal Pacific BMW customer and how this will not only push you away from returning to Pacific BMW but also other potential customers that u will share your bad experience with. Hope all goes well.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #16
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

yeah man.. i would feel devasted if i were you, just because you have to put all your songs back on ! goodluck dude
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #17
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

My uncle accidentally left a $22,000 Rolex on the passenger seat of his 745i about 5 years ago at a car wash. He realized it just as he let the car go through. When it came out on the other end, guess what? Watch was gone.

What he did is what you should have done. He asked them to look for the watch, and of course they denied any wrongdoing. He then threatened to call the cops to file a theft report, and magically within 10 minutes they found the watch "mixed in with some towels."

Now, if you called the police and were very vocal about the fact that you had been robbed in front of everyone else at the dealership (customers and prospective buyers), my guess is that they would do anything to get the police out of there and the situation rectified.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #18
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
My uncle accidentally left a $22,000 Rolex on the passenger seat of his 745i about 5 years ago at a car wash. He realized it just as he let the car go through. When it came out on the other end, guess what? Watch was gone.

What he did is what you should have done. He asked them to look for the watch, and of course they denied any wrongdoing. He then threatened to call the cops to file a theft report, and magically within 10 minutes they found the watch "mixed in with some towels."

Now, if you called the police and were very vocal about the fact that you had been robbed in front of everyone else at the dealership (customers and prospective buyers), my guess is that they would do anything to get the police out of there and the situation rectified.
+1 , cops create guilty conscience. should've done that
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #19
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post

over the top...but sounds highly effective...especially since in our small town newspaper...there is a "police blotter" that gets printed every few days with all of the police reports...

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #20
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

this is complete bs i can't believe that a dealer that makes so much $ won't stand up for their loyal customers, I sure as hope the my dealer isn't so shady.....GODSPEED to us all

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #21
kbk_75
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Sorry to hear about that. Just last week I stopped off at my dealership to have my rear BMW logo that had been stolen replaced. I was within 20 feet of the car at all times, yet a pair of brand new Prada sunglasses went missing from the passenger seat. To say I am pissed off about this would be an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #22
2008bimmerM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: JB

I bought my car there, brand new 2008 m3, with a blemish on my bumper that they refused to repair, besides with touch up paint. They tried to belittle me and make comments like "oh that little thing? thats nothing" pretty much comments to make me feel like they weren't going to help anymore than with touch up paint. I spent an hour there going through 3 different managers. They all decided to discourage me from going to a body shop. I wouldn't want it to be touched at a body shop anyways. They all agreed it was a factory blemish. At the very least they should have tried their best in getting me a freshly painted bumper from the factory. If they showed me the effort and care for me as a customer I would not have any issues with them, even if all they could do was repair it at a body shop for me and I choose not to.

I'll never go back there again, or recommend them. Management over there needs a serious discipline and lessons in communication.
Appreciate 0