BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2022, 08:33 PM   #1
Chaser720
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Stealth Hitch Error Messages (after coding)

Hello everyone. I’ve been working on this problem with stealth hitches for a few weeks now and have made no progress. Getting an “Trailer Electronics Overload” message after coding. The guy coding the car blamed me for a bad install. I went through and took pictures of every connection which support at stealth hitch confirmed was all correct. We went through pulling connectors out of control module one by one and seeing if the code changed. The conclusion was the module was bad. They sent me a new one and still have the same problem.

I’ve seen two other posts with this same error which turned out to be a bad 7-pin connector wiring and another guy with a loose fuse. I’ve pushed all fuses back and pulled/visually inspected all the fuses that I made connections into. 7 pin wiring is 100% too.

Car is a 2017 X6M. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #2
Ahyaan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 M50D

Could you check what error code is showing using something like BMW ISTA?
Ps how much did this cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #3
mrrsharma@yahoo.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D F15

I know this will suck, but remove everything and reinstall, keep a close eye on bare wires and the grounds, something might be shorting out, or you might have blown a fuse.

Wiring it only took me about an hour, relatively straight forward, just need to take your time.
Appreciate 0