BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2022, 10:47 PM   #1
Brickell_Cristos
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2016

Speakers in A Pilars on Cargo Area

Hi everyone!!! I'm lad to join to this forum!

I would like to know if someone has installed speakers on those sides with grilles in the cargo area
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 08:08 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

I haven't...and don't recall any threads about speakers being installed in those areas.

But just in case you didn't know...those "vents" are part of the interior air flow system that allows the doors to shut properly among other things. There are flaps built into the body of the car (in areas you can't see) that open to the exterior when air pressure builds up inside the cabin.

I would think you wouldn't want to block this air flow...just sayin'.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 08:22 AM   #3
Brickell_Cristos
Rep

It has all the sense of the world!!!! I did not think about it like that!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 10:37 AM   #4
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

What Qsilver7 said.

And besides that, speakers back there would not do any benefit for the sound staging of the vehicle. Unless you have passengers that ride in the cargo area.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 10:50 AM   #5
Brickell_Cristos
Rep

The idea is not entirely unreasonable because I would amplify them with a 4ch amp with which I would take channels 1 and 2 for each one and bridge 3 and 4 to 1 for the additional subwoofer that I already have installed. That would mean that due to the increase in power only in those 2 additional ones, it would compensate for an auditory effect inside the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #6
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickell_Cristos View Post
The idea is not entirely unreasonable because I would amplify them with a 4ch amp with which I would take channels 1 and 2 for each one and bridge 3 and 4 to 1 for the additional subwoofer that I already have installed. That would mean that due to the increase in power only in those 2 additional ones, it would compensate for an auditory effect inside the cabin.
True. But fading to rear and letting the rear doors add the desired extra rear fill would have the same effect and require no modifications.

If extra SQ and volume is desired, it sounds like an entire aftermarket system is in order. Went that route on one of my X5s. Talk about a lot of work. But boy does it sound good.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #7
Brickell_Cristos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
True. But fading to rear and letting the rear doors add the desired extra rear fill would have the same effect and require no modifications.

If extra SQ and volume is desired, it sounds like an entire aftermarket system is in order. Went that route on one of my X5s. Talk about a lot of work. But boy does it sound good.
Thanks pal!!!! My issue is im abroad of USA. Here in Dominican Republic don't have qualified technitians for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 06:38 PM   #8
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Why not just replace the speakers that are in the D pillar? There is ample space.

Qsilver7 , Do you have any info on where the pressure relieve flaps are in the rear? Been trying to find them for my own project.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 06:52 PM   #9
Brickell_Cristos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
Why not just replace the speakers that are in the D pillar? There is ample space.

Qsilver7 , Do you have any info on where the pressure relieve flaps are in the rear? Been trying to find them for my own project.
There's some F15 tha have speakers from factory in the para D. But that trim is kind of rare and expensive for my proyect. I found a universal kick Mountain that could fit using a 6.5" speakers and sort of dome tweeters. I was talking to desing my owns to place were i put in the pic before.

See my next images to make an idea of what i wish to do.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 07:38 PM   #10
Brickell_Cristos
Rep

Blue line is the enclosure that im ordering to desing in 3D printing
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #11
Brickell_Cristos
Rep

Pals!!!

I want to let you to know that i already added a pair of additional speakers and the sub.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0