BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-11-2023, 06:21 AM   #1
renedx
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 745Le & BMW i7

BMW i7 comfort rearseat resets to 22C (71F)

Recently picked up my i7 (EU) and I noticed the climate "sync" always resets to off. So I investigated and noticed the rearseats both reset to 22C (71F) everytime the car "shutsdown" (5seconds after lock).

This may be a far stretch, but anyone else has this problem? I'm guessing most people wouldn't notice this problem at all.. My dealer doesn't seem to find the problem nor does BMW understand whats going on.

It randomly turns on the heated seats in the rear at times too. Lovely...

Update:
Just received an update, they got another i7 with the same problem. Thank god I'm not alone on this one.

Last edited by renedx; 01-11-2023 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 09:11 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
The system is automatic and adjusts seat warmth bsed on inside and outside temperatures. Seat warming uses power on an electric car, so I would guess that it is designed to shut down the reat seats by deafult. I would check the climate control settings and see if they are on auto and if that does not suit you, look there for a way to defeat the shut off.

I have a 760ix and at first I did not like the climate controls but now I have come to the view that whatever algorithm they're using to determine when the seat and wheel heaters go on is actually pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 02:35 PM   #3
renedx
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 745Le & BMW i7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
The system is automatic and adjusts seat warmth bsed on inside and outside temperatures. Seat warming uses power on an electric car, so I would guess that it is designed to shut down the reat seats by deafult. I would check the climate control settings and see if they are on auto and if that does not suit you, look there for a way to defeat the shut off.

I have a 760ix and at first I did not like the climate controls but now I have come to the view that whatever algorithm they're using to determine when the seat and wheel heaters go on is actually pretty good.
Mmm, interesting. But if it decides on auto, why is it always 22C?
I'm sure the system does the heating/cooler on auto but the temp should stay on the set position. Like the front-seats do too, the auto setting should, AFAIK, only impact the blower + heating + cooling, not the temp.

I'll try with auto off tomorrow. Maybe you're right
Appreciate 0