GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-05-2023, 10:37 PM   #1
tcdos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Anyone ever actually used an extended warranty?

I have an active extended warranty through Fidelity. I believe it's the highest tier.

Has anyone ever used their Fidelity warranty? How does it work? I am hoping to use this to get my horns repaired.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 07:08 AM   #2
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

We used the Fidelity warranty in my wife’s Audi Q5. Spent about $2,500 on the warranty and it paid about $10K in claims.

For us:

You just let the dealer or independent shop know you have the Fidelity Platinum to make sure they can work with them directly. They will need your policy info. Then they diagnose the problem (same as without warranty) and call Fidelity. Fidelity sends someone out to inspect. Unless they disagree with claim or find it as an excluded item, they approve it, the shop fixes it, Fidelity pays the shop minus the deductible and you pay the deductible to the shop. We never had any problems with claims but it does take an extra day or two to get your car back because they always seem to inspect in person.
DocL1952.50