BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-06-2023, 01:09 PM   #1
Gemini7866
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW I7  [0.00]
I ordered my i7 months ago I have a production number .I just noticed on the site
Executive package 2
Rear executive lounge seating package
BMW theater screen

Is no longer available but these are all part of my build.Does anyone know if that will affect my build at all ?does it mean I might not get these packages ?even though my order was already accepted?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 01:37 PM   #2
rdstudio
Rep
Drives: M760e G70 + M5 F90 + I3S

I did not hear about this problems in Europe. Is it only effected in US?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 09:04 PM   #3
EQStoI7
Rep
Drives: EQS 580

I can speak to this from the Mercedes side, I ordered an EQS 580 in 2021 (delivered 2022) - and I am not really thrilled with it, and have an i7 on order. BUT last year (2021 into 2022) the chip shortages were far worse than this year (2022 into 2023). For example Mercedes had auto-comfort doors for the EQS 580 that were orderable, but at the last minute they got axed. No US EQS had the auto-comfort doors. There was also a restriction on the active ambient lightning package that got downgraded for some models for future orders. The bottom-line is that if your order was accepted, the dealer has an allocation, and you are scheduled for production, you will assuredly get your vehicle with the options you ordered. If you don't, I would take a significant discount against MSRP if you choose to take delivery of a car that doesn't have all the options you wanted.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 09:13 PM   #4
Gemini7866
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW I7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQStoI7 View Post
I can speak to this from the Mercedes side, I ordered an EQS 580 in 2021 (delivered 2022) - and I am not really thrilled with it, and have an i7 on order. BUT last year (2021 into 2022) the chip shortages were far worse than this year (2022 into 2023). For example Mercedes had auto-comfort doors for the EQS 580 that were orderable, but at the last minute they got axed. No US EQS had the auto-comfort doors. There was also a restriction on the active ambient lightning package that got downgraded for some models for future orders. The bottom-line is that if your order was accepted, the dealer has an allocation, and you are scheduled for production, you will assuredly get your vehicle with the options you ordered. If you don't, I would take a significant discount against MSRP if you choose to take delivery of a car that doesn't have all the options you wanted.
Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 11:11 PM   #5
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini7866 View Post
Thank you!!
The order should be in “scheduled for production” or later state with those options on the build sheet for this to be valid. If the status is simply “order received”, then I don’t think there are any guarantees.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 04:43 PM   #6
Ormond
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Question

Quote:
What don’t you like about your EQS?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:40 PM   #7
EQStoI7
Rep
Drives: EQS 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
What don’t you like about your EQS?
I use my vehicle to and from work in the city over broken roads, the suspension is not as good as my W222. I installed an electric charger in the garage for the EQS, and my wife told me that I couldn’t get a W223 and needed get another EV to replace my EQS. So I test drove the new i7 at local dealer. It truly blew my socks off in terms of true top end luxury. The EQS name plate is not really an S class as I have learned after close to a year of ownership. After a couple months I got over the initial “hype” of the hyper screen. The vehicle also doesn’t have the road presence or interior refinement of the W222/W223 or the new G70. I am a longtime MB luxury saloon owner from W220 forward (frequent the MBWorld forums also). Once I take delivery of my i7 (hopefully Q2 2023), I’ll write a detailed post in both this forum and MBWorld to highlight my experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 09:25 PM   #8
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
I use my vehicle to and from work in the city over broken roads, the suspension is not as good as my W222. I installed an electric charger in the garage for the EQS, and my wife told me that I couldn’t get a W223 and needed get another EV to replace my EQS. So I test drove the new i7 at local dealer. It truly blew my socks off in terms of true top end luxury. The EQS name plate is not really an S class as I have learned after close to a year of ownership. After a couple months I got over the initial “hype” of the hyper screen. The vehicle also doesn’t have the road presence or interior refinement of the W222/W223 or the new G70. I am a longtime MB luxury saloon owner from W220 forward (frequent the MBWorld forums also). Once I take delivery of my i7 (hopefully Q2 2023), I’ll write a detailed post in both this forum and MBWorld to highlight my experience.
I agree. I had an EQS and now drive a 2023 760. The 7 series is just so much more refined. Agree what you wrote about the EQS suspension and mine came with a bad suspension from factory that had to be changed. I haven’t tried the i7 but I’m sure it’s as amazing as the 760 (which incidentally is as quiet as an electric car unless you’re accelerating hard). It’s sooo quiet
Appreciate 0