BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

03-24-2023, 09:44 AM   #1
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
G70 Aftermarket Wheels

As I'm waiting for my G70 to come in (it's been in transit for 2 weeks now), I'm exploring wheel options.
Does anyone have the wheel specs?

I'm trying to see if the Alpina B7 wheels from the previous gen would fit. I'm leaning towards B7 wheels.

Anyone else considering aftermarket wheels? If you've already installed aftermarket wheels, I'd love to see some photos!
      03-24-2023, 08:55 PM   #2
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
I am considering aftermarket as well. The aftermarket can get really expensive for custom wheels but there are a lot of options still to check out . I searched the BMW parts site and the Alpina wheels came up as an option that fits. The only option I saw were black. I was kind of leaning that way but i decided to wait to see if any other options would be added.
      05-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
AKSteve
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition Convertible

Just got a set of 20" MSW Type 74 wheels and Pirelli P Zero tires. My car came with all season tires, but I had winter tires put on the stock wheels. So instead of getting the tires changed over, I ordered a set of these to use as my summer wheels. The look pretty similar to the wheels that came with the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #4
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
@aksteve: Those look really good. Enjoy them. How many months do you need winters? I'm going to try to avoid winters by heading to Florida for a few months. Winters would be cheaper but I'm too old to shovel snow any more.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #5
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSteve View Post
Just got a set of 20" MSW Type 74 wheels and Pirelli P Zero tires. My car came with all season tires, but I had winter tires put on the stock wheels. So instead of getting the tires changed over, I ordered a set of these to use as my summer wheels. The look pretty similar to the wheels that came with the car.
They look amazing! I am usually not a fan of non-oem wheels but these look like bmw wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 04:57 PM   #6
AKSteve
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
@aksteve: Those look really good. Enjoy them. How many months do you need winters? I'm going to try to avoid winters by heading to Florida for a few months. Winters would be cheaper but I'm too old to shovel snow any more.
November until the end of April. We had a TON of snow up here in Anchorage this past year and it stayed cold much later into spring. The temp is still barely reaching 50°' in the day here and dips down into the 30°'s at night sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
They look amazing! I am usually not a fan of non-oem wheels but these look like bmw wheels
Thanks. The BMW logo center caps from my OEM wheels even fits right into them. I was expecting to have to put decals on over the stock center caps.

And the whole set-up wasn't too expensive. $3,036, including TPMS sensors. I got them from TireRack, but now that I check their website, I don't see them available anymore in the 20" size that I got.
Appreciate 0