BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-05-2023, 08:48 AM   #1
Jcklvrsn
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [10.00]
constant white smoke from exhaust

I’m starting to become more familiar with these n54 engines. My 2007 335i has a constant white smoke issues and I can’t seem to wrap my head around what exactly it is and I have a few guesses on what it is but I’d like to see if someone else on here has been through the same issue or not. Before I get more into detail some info on my car
2007 e92 n54
Guy I bought it from says it’s Fbo but it’s missing an intercooler (stock intercooler)
Also supposedly has index 12s
Dual come intakes
Supposedly has 19T turbos with 5k miles
Runs on a e40 tune
Supposedly has a custom tune
Guys says it’s pushing 500whp feels close but I’m not sure. Used to run around 25psi max.
About a month ago my coolant expansion tank blew up while I was just sitting in idle and the water pump had previously been ignored by the owner and I didn’t have time to fix his problems he handed to me, until the other day I finally put a new water pump in and thermostat then I thought my smoke problem would go away and it didn’t so I replaced the valve cover gasket and valve cover and upgraded the PCV valve to a metal one of burger tunings website. Thought that would make my constant white smoke issues go away but it’s almost worse. Usually smokes the worst at stop lights smokes the whole intersection out. Sometimes it’s a constant trail behind me of smoke. I also go through about a quart of oil a week. I’m assuming the water pump hasn’t already gone bad my car runs at about 210-230 after 30 mins of driving. I’m wondering if my turbo seals have gone bad, could be the turbos suffocating because there isn’t enough air flow since I have a stock intercooler and I’m trying to push to much boost for the stock one. Also don’t have any blow by on the oil cap so I wouldn’t think it’s the head gasket. When I open the oil cap there is usually a milkshake as long as my oil catch can looks like a Frappuccino. Someone please help me diagnose my issues before I spend 3k on a single turbo and the issue doesn’t resolve. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 10:00 AM   #2
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
You might get better/more responses asking this in the N54 Engine 3-Series sub forum:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 11:22 AM   #3
jun_e92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Poor turbo seal - Oil is leaking into the turbocharger.
Appreciate 0