BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-05-2023, 08:07 PM   #1
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

App error message

I got the following error message on my BMW app.
Name:  brake_error.png
Views: 184
Size:  110.3 KB

Kinda weird as there was no error message in the car, only on the app. I called BMW genius (don't think they really are). I told them no error is showing up in the car itself so maybe it's an app error. She said no, it could just show up on the app so I should take it in.

So... I scheduled a service at BMW. When I got there, he takes the key, loads it in and says well, the car is not showing any errors. He told me nothing needs to be done as the car should show an error if there was one. I told him that the P for park DOES work as well, contrary to the error message.

I drove away, happy not to have to have my car at service and out of commission for a day or more. Problem solved... ignore the app!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 08:59 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post
I got the following error message on my BMW app.
Attachment 3173739

Kinda weird as there was no error message in the car, only on the app. I called BMW genius (don't think they really are). I told them no error is showing up in the car itself so maybe it's an app error. She said no, it could just show up on the app so I should take it in.

So... I scheduled a service at BMW. When I got there, he takes the key, loads it in and says well, the car is not showing any errors. He told me nothing needs to be done as the car should show an error if there was one. I told him that the P for park DOES work as well, contrary to the error message.

I drove away, happy not to have to have my car at service and out of commission for a day or more. Problem solved... ignore the app!
Very strange. Maybe sign in and out of the app?
Appreciate 0