BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

06-10-2023, 11:48 PM   #1
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

joe Achilles reviews the i7

Joe Achilles reviews the i7

What I thought was interesting was his perception that there had been some cost cutting inside the cabin. With the recent release of the i5, I wonder if they’ve adopted the same approach?

Their design language is , well let’s just say subjective
But if their current approach is to cost cut and use cheaper materials? And when cars are getting really expensive?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 06:10 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Joe Achilles reviews the i7

https://youtu.be/CkbNo6sl19s

What I thought was interesting was his perception that there had been some cost cutting inside the cabin. With the recent release of the i5, I wonder if they’ve adopted the same approach?

Their design language is , well let’s just say subjective
But if their current approach is to cost cut and use cheaper materials? And when cars are getting really expensive?
I don't agree with Joe. The interior of the 7 is not el cheapo and I will bet big money that most people here would agree with me. Don't know about the 5 of course.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 10:04 PM   #3
Beemer2018
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
I don't agree with Joe. The interior of the 7 is not el cheapo and I will bet big money that most people here would agree with me. Don't know about the 5 of course.
Agree, the interior is modern, yet classy!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 09:47 AM   #4
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

I agree with Joe's assessment of the interior. Once you are past the initial wow factor of all the lights and tech, you start to notice cost cutting decisions. For example, I truly dislike the door handles made of cheap piano plastic. It feels cheap and it squeaks a little when I rest my knee against it. The light bar is also cheap plastic (looks cool though) and when you touch it, it is not the sturdiest build. Many other examples throughout the cabin. Overall, I don't get the same cabin sturdiness/build quality feeling of my previous BMWs from this car.
Appreciate 0