ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-27-2023, 02:02 PM   #1
Dalbelice
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Bimmerlink wheel speed sensor error list

Hey guys,

I had a front/right wheel speed sensor error along with several others when running a scan with Bimmerlink. I replaced the front right wheel speed sensor but I'm seeing 2 other sensors now on this list and the ABS light on my dashboard is on as well. It seemed like a pretty straight forward procedure to replace the front right sensor, but I still see the error on this list. Does it take a little driving for it go away?

After seeing this error list generated I was just going to go ahead and replace the other 3 wheel speed sensors to see if that helped. What do you guys think based on this output?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Error memory-27-06-2023.pdf (24.1 KB, 141 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 01:53 AM   #2
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

You need a real code reader. They do not all fail at the same time. A good code reader tells you which one failed. If you purchased OEM speed sensors, you wasted more than the cost of a real BMW code reader
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 11:22 AM   #3
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
You need a real code reader. They do not all fail at the same time. A good code reader tells you which one failed. If you purchased OEM speed sensors, you wasted more than the cost of a real BMW code reader
Yeah, I learned that same lesson here... had the exact same error as OP, pulled the code using an app, replaced the front wheel speed sensor, and surprise it was actually the back wheel speed sensor.

Replacing all of the wheel speed sensors is one way to solve it though.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 11:57 AM   #4
Dalbelice
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacre View Post
Yeah, I learned that same lesson here... had the exact same error as OP, pulled the code using an app, replaced the front wheel speed sensor, and surprise it was actually the back wheel speed sensor.

Replacing all of the wheel speed sensors is one way to solve it though.
Yea I'll probably just go this route, after learning how to do one the others should be easy.
Appreciate 0