BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-27-2023, 01:19 AM   #1
RuskiE39
Running Late
Rep
Drives: E70d, F30, F82, 100 LC

New Owner, Looking for Warranty Suggestions

Hello Everyone!

Just thought i'd introduce myself as a fellow transplant from the F30 section that just picked up an F82 today.

It's a 2015 in Silverstone with 75k miles. The mileage has me a little concerned so I definitely want to pick up an extended warranty for it. I'm no novice to working on cars and wrench on all my cars but would like some peace of mind for at least the first year of ownership.

Would anyone kindly point me in the right direction of who you would suggest or possibly recommend based on personal experience? I'm mainly looking to cover the drivetrain... engine, transmission, for at least a year, hopefully at an affordable rate. I picked up the car from my BMW dealer and they were offering a $6k warranty which seems a little steep(?) IMO, for the one year.

Thanks all!

Last edited by RuskiE39; 07-27-2023 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 11:39 AM   #2
spaceage
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X6MC, 22 M3, 01 Z3 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskiE39 View Post
Hello Everyone!

Just thought i'd introduce myself as a fellow transplant from the F30 section that just picked up an F82 today.

It's a 2015 in Silverstone with 75k miles. The mileage has me a little concerned so I definitely want to pick up an extended warranty for it. I'm no novice to working on cars and wrench on all my cars but would like some peace of mind for at least the first year of ownership.

Would anyone kindly point me in the right direction of who you would suggest or possibly recommend based on personal experience? I'm mainly looking to cover the drivetrain... engine, transmission, for at least a year, hopefully at an affordable rate. I picked up the car from my BMW dealer and they were offering a $6k warranty which seems a little steep(?) IMO, for the one year.

Thanks all!
Congrats on the new ride!

I just bought a 2018 M4 Comp Convertible with 10K miles from BMW Portland. They sold me a Zurich extended warranty with the car. Its a "platinum" plan that covers most everything for 5yrs/75K miles, $75 deductable, for $3,200. No idea how the age and mileage of your car would affect the pricing...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 11:56 AM   #3
RuskiE39
Running Late
Rep
Drives: E70d, F30, F82, 100 LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage View Post
Congrats on the new ride!

I just bought a 2018 M4 Comp Convertible with 10K miles from BMW Portland. They sold me a Zurich extended warranty with the car. Its a "platinum" plan that covers most everything for 5yrs/75K miles, $75 deductable, for $3,200. No idea how the age and mileage of your car would affect the pricing...
Thank you and you as well!

I do believe the mileage is a huge factor when it comes to pricing the warranty, but i'll give them a call and see if they can point me in the right direction!