BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

09-07-2023, 12:32 PM   #1
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

Form vs.Function

Know there have been a couple of posts about A/C in the G70.It's been very hot here as it's been in a lot of places.Have to agree the the system takes a while to cool down the interior when it's above 90.And that's with climate comfort glass,a windshield sun shield,and all sun blinds raised while parked.12 minute ride home yesterday and not even close to temp.Once temp is reached the system seems to keep things cool.The designer supply vents just can't put out the air volume.Just covered the same ground in my 2015 Lexus RX and it about blew me out.I was redirecting airflow within a couple of minutes.Another BMW case of form over function.Gotta wonder why!Oh well.

Last edited by It's Good; 09-08-2023 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 03:16 AM   #2
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
Know there have been a couple of posts about A/C in the G70.It's been very hot here as it's been in a lot of places.Have to agree the the system takes a while to cool down the interior when it's above 90.And that's with climate comfort glass,a windshield sun shield,and all sun blinds raised while parked.12 minute ride home yesterday and not even close to temp.Once temp is reached the system seems to keep things cool.The designer supply vents just can put out the air volume.Just covered the same ground in my 2015 Lexus RX and it about blew me out.I was redirecting airflow within a couple of minutes.Another BMW case of form over function.Gotta wonder why!Oh well.
yep, i second that...

- the airflow over the head is far too weak and can just be on/off
- the climate glass to me seems like normal glass or poor quality in terms of insulation

this is not what i expect in a 7 series
Appreciate 0