BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

09-14-2023, 09:44 AM   #1
timcpark
Rep
Drives: BMW 740Xi

750e ordered

I put the deposit down with my specs at a dealer about two weeks ago. It is still at 047 status. Anyone ordered 750e? I am curious how long the hold time is until you get the things moving. My dealer is telling me that it will take about 4-5 months until I get the car.

Also I changed the order to delete the sport package just because I want the illuminated grill. I like the sport package's looks during the day, and the illuminated grill's look for the night. Why can't I have both? ^^
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
oli-belgium
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750e

750e

Hi,

i ordered my 750e in april, (delivery will be april 2024, although my garage recently informed me my car might be delivered end of 2023.

it took some concentration, but i was able to configure a 337-sport package - with a chrome illuminated grill.

cheers
Olivier
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 10:09 AM   #3
oli-belgium
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750e

enclosed some pictures of the combination of a sport package with illuminated grill. i ordered the exact same as pictured
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 10:58 AM   #4
timcpark
Rep

Thank you for the pictures. It still has the chrome pieces in the rear without spoiler. Just deleted the chromes around the windows? In U.S, 750e was not able to order until recently. Looks great!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #5
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Congratulations on your upcoming PHEV 7! I like your style of placing your fuel "feet" in both worlds, a little surf and turf in car form! I myself just went for the 'whole enchilada' and this past weekend ordered a full EV, an i7 eDrive50 for a myriad of reasons. So I'm patting myself on the back a bit here too.

It does seem odd one can't get the illuminated grill with the sports package should one desire it. I'm not a fan of the latter, but WILL be enjoying the illuminated grill in the "Luxury" version or "design" as the i7 feature is called (a chrome look minimizing the blacked-out features). I certainly feel the illuminated grill is a BMW 'must-have' so there's no mistaking the make any hour around the clock! :-)

I wanted to ask you however, where do you find the BMW code 047 for your production? I've SEEN the code numbers on the internet but how do you see them specifically for your car/production? They don't appear on my VIR or in MyGarage -- I only see the 16 buttons showing my car is in is "Scheduled for Production" [in October with a Dec-Jan delivery estimate). Would you (or anybody else who knows) let me know how you discern the code numbers for your specific order?

Last edited by DroMike; 09-19-2023 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
timcpark
Rep

Congrats. I think your car's status is much further than what mine is. I see the code from the screenshot that my dealer sends me from time to time. I don't have the vin or the production number yet. It is still in the order bank, at least that what they are telling me.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 08:46 PM   #7
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timcpark View Post
Congrats. I think your car's status is much further than what mine is. I see the code from the screenshot that my dealer sends me from time to time. I don't have the vin or the production number yet. It is still in the order bank, at least that what they are telling me.
Until you have a production number, you have nothing. One of the production status categories is "order received". If you don't have that, your dealer hasn't gotten a slot yet. Maybe it is the dealer's order bank.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 09:25 PM   #8
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli-belgium View Post
it took some concentration, but i was able to configure a 337-sport package - with a chrome illuminated grill.
I'm not sure if you're talking about the website configurator or the dealer's order configurator, but I will say THIS: I really wanted the Code 356 - Climate Comfort Laminated Glass on my 2024 i7 eDrive50. Unfortunately, in the i7 series (of 3 trims), both the website configurator and Price Guide showed it as being available ONLY on the i7 M70. HOWEVER, when I configured the car at the dealer he WAS able to put it in my order! Just goes to show you that there seem to be hidden possibilities!!

Hmmm, now that I just said what I did, I'm going to see if he can't also separately add and order up the 3M1 - M Sport Brakes with the Blue Calipers for extra stopping power.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 09:53 AM   #9
timcpark
Rep

For me 2024 740 xdrive's power is enough, but with 740 xdrive cannot have integral steering as an option. This is the reason why I went with 750e. This is my 4th 7 series I will be driving. Had 7 series with with 8 cylinders that drinks gas all day long. For 750e, M sport brake with blue caliper is available as a stand alone option.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 10:15 PM   #10
XZLR8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli-belgium View Post
Same. I got the sport package, but skipped the “pro” add-on. I can’t stand that rectangle piece in the middle of the shadowline grille, but also am glad to have the illumination.

When I ordered mine, skipping the “pro” add-on also meant losing the blue brake calipers, so I had to add those back ala carte.
Attached Images

'23 BMW 760i • Dravit|Amarone
'23 BMW X1 xDrive28i • StormBay|Black
'23 Range Rover Sport P400 • Borasco|Black
[ Departed, 2000-Present: 33 BMWs, 3 Land Rovers, 3 Audis, and 3 Lexuses. ]
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 10:20 PM   #11
XZLR8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

I should have continued to read responses before I replied, but that said, it’s nice to see that other people wanted the sport package with the chrome grille. They thought I was nuts when I ordered mine, I think. (Also because it’s been ages since I had any chrome on my cars.)

As a side note, I had my car satin wrapped and the installer indicated that they could use the same product to wrap the chrome (even in the taillights), which gives it a bit of a “brushed” appearance and certainly makes it a bit less bling-ish. Worth consideration.

'23 BMW 760i • Dravit|Amarone
'23 BMW X1 xDrive28i • StormBay|Black
'23 Range Rover Sport P400 • Borasco|Black
[ Departed, 2000-Present: 33 BMWs, 3 Land Rovers, 3 Audis, and 3 Lexuses. ]
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 08:46 PM   #12
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timcpark View Post
I put the deposit down with my specs at a dealer about two weeks ago. It is still at 047 status. Anyone ordered 750e? I am curious how long the hold time is until you get the things moving. My dealer is telling me that it will take about 4-5 months until I get the car.

Also I changed the order to delete the sport package just because I want the illuminated grill. I like the sport package's looks during the day, and the illuminated grill's look for the night. Why can't I have both? ^^
Would you happen the totally mileage available on a full tank and charge combined!
Appreciate 0