BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

09-26-2023, 02:15 PM   #1
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Multifunction Rear Seats

Code 46A in both the 2023 and 2024 i7 Pricing Guide shows "Multifunction Rear Seats" as standard equipment on the 2023 trim, and all three 2024 i7 trims. That said, should one NOT separately purchase:

ZLU - Luxury Rear Seating Package (w/rear ventilated and massaging seats); and
ZRE - Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package (w/reclining seats, theater, etc.)...

...then what exactly do "Multifunction Rear Seats" do or what's left for them to do, uh, "multifunction"-wise...? Don't they just sit there like a bump-on-a-log in a NOT-smart DAS (Dumb-Ass-Seats) status? Edumacation requested.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 03:21 PM   #2
DJCingular
United_States
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey i7X60

The multifunctional rear seats offers a slight recline, power headrest and lumbar. I’ve only sat in the rear seat once, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized the positioning options on the rear door.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 05:01 PM   #3
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ah... So the seat does have SOME brains (maybe I should borrow from them) -- thanks for weighing in w/that information!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 07:30 PM   #4
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I have the rear seat package because it was on a car I wanted after my first was totaled. It worked out to be essentially free because I avoided the 2024 price increase. Unless you very frequently have rear passengers (I don't), it is money you don't need to spend. The Executive seats seem to be for somebody who has a driver (I don't ). Of course money you don't need to spend might better be said money you don't want to spend. After all nobody needs a 7 series in the first place.

(I also ended up with the upgraded sound system and that one is a keeper even to my non audiophile ears). Now I want it for any cars I buy.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2023, 08:05 PM   #5
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
I have the rear seat package because it was on a car I wanted after my first was totaled. It worked out to be essentially free because I avoided the 2024 price increase. Unless you very frequently have rear passengers (I don't), it is money you don't need to spend. The Executive seats seem to be for somebody who has a driver (I don't ). Of course money you don't need to spend might better be said money you don't want to spend. After all nobody needs a 7 series in the first place.

(I also ended up with the upgraded sound system and that one is a keeper even to my non audiophile ears). Now I want it for any cars I buy.
Thanks AlteBMW. I didn't order either of those packages so was merely wondering how functional those rear seats would be without them. However, I DID decide I was worth the extra expense of the upgraded [B&W Diamond] sound system you talk about. I'll DEFINITELY use that all the time. :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 08:08 PM   #6
DJCingular
United_States
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey i7X60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post

Not selecting the upgraded B&W Surround System is my one regret. I don’t have rear passengers, so I didn’t mind skipping the other packages.
Appreciate 0