BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-04-2023, 01:17 PM   #1
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

Lost assistance pro before 8.5 upgrade

Hi guys. Anyone lose their driving assistance pro before? Not related to 8.5 update as it was a week before. Worked no problem when I got the car now it’s gone. Is there any check I can do on my own or should I bring it in to dealer? Only can use regular assistance or cruise but have to put hands on wheel within 5 seconds or car chirps at me on the major highways.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 11:44 AM   #2
GuynamedGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Beach View Post
Hi guys. Anyone lose their driving assistance pro before? Not related to 8.5 update as it was a week before. Worked no problem when I got the car now it’s gone. Is there any check I can do on my own or should I bring it in to dealer? Only can use regular assistance or cruise but have to put hands on wheel within 5 seconds or car chirps at me on the major highways.
Are you receiving a “no server connection” message on the instrument cluster, or heads up display? If you press the mic button on the steering wheel and look into the heads up display it would say no server connection, and if it does say that it would mean your assistance pro feature would not work.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 03:23 PM   #3
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nope. Haven’t seen that message. I brought it in today and being looked at. Hopefully an easy software issue. I don’t know.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 09:22 AM   #4
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Didn’t realize there’s actually a way to turn it off. Neither did Irvine BMW after keeping it for a day. Had to take it to Crevier BMW and they saw it pretty quick. Problem with new tech is sometimes even the guys working on them have no clue. Both SA’s looked like I mentioned that it has a time travel option that they hadn’t been trained on yet.
It’s in the driving assistance menu. Duh!
Happy to have it back. Pretty cool feature and one of the many reasons I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 12:20 PM   #5
Joe cat
Rep
Drives: Genesis gv70

My dealer could not figure it out and they are actually buying the car back from me!

Amazing - !! What a shame
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 01:09 PM   #6
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe cat View Post
My dealer could not figure it out and they are actually buying the car back from me!

What else is wrong with your car? I cannot believe they would buy it back for a software issue
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 01:17 PM   #7
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe cat View Post

That is hard to believe
Appreciate 0