BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-22-2024, 01:40 PM   #1
FlightRiskV
Registered
Rep
Drives: i7 60

MyBMW App Messages

I rarely if ever get messages in the MyBMW app. For the first 12 months of ownership all I received was the Welcome to the app message. I received a random happy holidays two months ago. Although I have had the car in for various issues, the only way I knew there was a software update was through this forum or my the dealer. I’ve reached out to genius to better understand what messsages I should receive but they had no help.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this the norm?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:09 PM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
No it is not the norm. Software updates if available OTA are supposed to show up in the car in idrive and in the app as well. You may need to make sure you’re signed in in the app with proper vin of course (mistakes happen). A no risk approach here is to (1) sign out of the app and sign back in (not a bad idea to keep the app updated to latest version) and (2) reboot idrive by holding down the volume button for 70 seconds.

If (1) has no effect then I’d delete the app and then reinstall it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:14 PM   #3
FlightRiskV
Registered
Rep

Thx for feedback. I did all of those multiple times over the past 6 months or so. No effect. At one point genius claimed they could see an issue with my account (no explanations as to what the issue was) and opened a service ticket that went nowhere. They opened a new ticket when I last had the car in the shop in mid January. No messages received since either.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 03:47 PM   #4
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightRiskV View Post
Thx for feedback. I did all of those multiple times over the past 6 months or so. No effect. At one point genius claimed they could see an issue with my account (no explanations as to what the issue was) and opened a service ticket that went nowhere. They opened a new ticket when I last had the car in the shop in mid January. No messages received since either.
Keep pestering the Genius then, as there is obviously a back-end issue that has to get fixed by BMW.

BTW did they have you delete your car from your app and then re-enter the VIN?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 04:13 PM   #5
FlightRiskV
Registered
Rep

They never asked to delete the vehicle and then add back. That’s a good idea and I’ll give that a shot.
Appreciate 0