BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-24-2024, 11:46 AM   #1
Neubs1
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760iX

Window Tint on inside of Moonroof

On my 760iX, I have the windows tinted with a sunblocking film. Many of you probably do also.

On previous vehicles, I have used a clear film - no tint - on the windscreen that blocks most of the UV and I notice a difference in the interior heat from the sunlight.

My Installer said that it was not recommended to install this on the inside of the moonroof, but I don't get it.

Anyone install sun-protecting film on your moonroof?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 01:16 PM   #2
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs1 View Post
On my 760iX, I have the windows tinted with a sunblocking film. Many of you probably do also.

On previous vehicles, I have used a clear film - no tint - on the windscreen that blocks most of the UV and I notice a difference in the interior heat from the sunlight.

My Installer said that it was not recommended to install this on the inside of the moonroof, but I don't get it.

Anyone install sun-protecting film on your moonroof?

Thanks.
There’s been reports of shattered sunroofs with different types of glass structures by different car manufacturers..
Appreciate 0