BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Review of Alekshop front and rear camera setup

I've finished installing Alekshop's video/camera module/kit. I have been looking for a rear and front camera set up as the front of the car is very difficult to see and living in the city, tight spaces are the norm. In my case, I opted for the video module, rear camera, front license plate camera and video input for my 2008 E92 M3. If you are not running a front plate, the round front camera is probably a better option but I'm running a front plate.

I very impressed with the kit as it looks and acts OEM, which is what I was looking for. It's also completely reversible if necessary. The cameras show clear images even at night and the video input is also excellent. One important point if you are using the front license plate camera - make sure to get a non-reversing type.

If you are not familiar with car electronics/stereos, this might be an install worth paying someone to do. If you are in CA, I would get Aleks to do it for you as it will be quicker. You can install it yourself but it will take some time. The DIY are helpful but little things like knowing where to run wires in front or behind certain things took some time to figure out. Ironically I had the most trouble getting the wires through the rubber gromet in the trunk - WD40 will help. Since I wanted everything to look OEM including the front camera, I ended up taking a little more time. For example, I removed the front bumper to run the wires to the plate.

Finally Aleks is great. He communicates immediately and was very helpful when I had questions. I highly recommend him and this product.

Here are some pics!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Bill,

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you like it !

Let me know if you need anything else.

Aleks,
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

wow... looks like such a clean install.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0