BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

was my new m3 really new???

hey gang,
as i was having my spring installed, the mechanic noticed stickers on a few parts under the car (lower control arm and brake backing)..if you look closely, one sticker actually has the dealership name on it.
the mechanic thinks some of the parts are replacement parts because it does not come from the factory like this......did the car sustain damage and they replace the parts and did not disclose this to me???.....seems odd....thoughts???

Name:  SDC10531.jpg
Views: 2560
Size:  256.4 KB

Name:  SDC10533.jpg
Views: 2542
Size:  286.0 KB

Name:  SDC10534.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  299.2 KB
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

If you bought the car new, the damage may have been done in transit to the port. I don't believe the VPC/BMW has to notify the selling dealer of the damage unless its more than 3% of the vehicles value. Or did you buy the car from the BMW Store in Vancouver? If so, somethings fishy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

You're right. Appears as if the BMW Store has some explaining to do if this wasn't disclosed to you!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
You're right. Appears as if the BMW Store has some explaining to do if this wasn't disclosed to you!!!
ya...the sticker on the second pic has their dealership name on it!.....fockers!!!!
anyone on here works for bmw that can confirm anything...something??
man...im getting pissed!!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Man, I would not be at all happy about this. I'd have to settle down a for a few days before visiting the dealer--I'd be too bent out of shape about it to calmly discuss it.

On the other hand, if there isn't anything whacked about how the suspension performs it may be more of a disappointment or "lying by omission" thing than something that actually affects the car's performance. But even in that case I'd still be very unhappy.

Is there any other evidence of an accident or repairs? If they'd been bothered to remove the stickers you'd never have known--so if there are other things they may not be hidden too deeply.

I can't wait to hear what the selling dealership says.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

i was gonna say maybe yours was one of the many that got damaged on the boat due to rough waters but you have an 09.
2015 AW/SO
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

gzz

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Alright if I was in your postion this is what I would have done:

1. Call the GM/Dealer Principal or make an appointment
(BECAUSE SALES REP and SALES MANAGER even are usless here, they are not the one in a position to make decisions!!!)
2. Calmly ask them if there is anything they forgot to disclose about your '09 M3!
because legally if it has been less then 30 days from registration, they are still responsible. even if its >30 days they have still lied to you.
3. Then show them printed pictures that you posted above and ask them WTF ?

4. NOW you have to ask yourself what it is you want?, so you can deal with them accordingly:

1. Want them to replace the car
2. Return the Car
3. Exchange with somethign else.
4. Get some free Dinan parts thrown in etc.
5. Get compensated (but really what yardstick are you going to use here?)

Do you see what I mean, I mean I would be VERY pissed too if I was in your position, but you did mention that there were some KMs on the car when you picked it up?
like 60 from what I recall?

That does not sound right, I have ordered many cars from different manufacturers and I always gotten them with 7-8KMS MAX! and those few KMS are probably accumulated from port to truck, getting gas in the vehicle when new prior to delivery, perhaps some other work done to it, to get it ready for delivery!

60KMS sounds like the GM/Owner took it for a joy ride, or got used as a DEMO and this wasnt disclosed or perhaps if it was damaged during delivery when the car orginally landed in 2009!

Now this was something the BMW STORE had in there inventory or they picked it up from another dealer and got it transported to them?

ULTIMATELY, this is a very sucky situation to be in, but you can grab them by the BALLS this time and demand whatever it is that you would like done, THE QUESTION IS WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DONE
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Alright if I was in your postion this is what I would have done:

1. Call the GM/Dealer Principal or make an appointment
(BECAUSE SALES REP and SALES MANAGER even are usless here, they are not the one in a position to make decisions!!!)
2. Calmly ask them if there is anything they forgot to disclose about your '09 M3!
because legally if it has been less then 30 days from registration, they are still responsible. even if its >30 days they have still lied to you.
3. Then show them printed pictures that you posted above and ask them WTF ?

4. NOW you have to ask yourself what it is you want?, so you can deal with them accordingly:

1. Want them to replace the car
2. Return the Car
3. Exchange with somethign else.
4. Get some free Dinan parts thrown in etc.
5. Get compensated (but really what yardstick are you going to use here?)

Do you see what I mean, I mean I would be VERY pissed too if I was in your position, but you did mention that there were some KMs on the car when you picked it up?
like 60 from what I recall?

That does not sound right, I have ordered many cars from different manufacturers and I always gotten them with 7-8KMS MAX! and those few KMS are probably accumulated from port to truck, getting gas in the vehicle when new prior to delivery, perhaps some other work done to it, to get it ready for delivery!

60KMS sounds like the GM/Owner took it for a joy ride, or got used as a DEMO and this wasnt disclosed or perhaps if it was damaged during delivery when the car orginally landed in 2009!

Now this was something the BMW STORE had in there inventory or they picked it up from another dealer and got it transported to them?

ULTIMATELY, this is a very sucky situation to be in, but you can grab them by the BALLS this time and demand whatever it is that you would like done, THE QUESTION IS WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DONE
20 yrs......20 fucking years...I have wanted an M3 and now I have it.....talk about deflation....i want blood!
I think what I am going to do is send an email to the general manager with attached pics...ask for an explanation and resolution. If i am unsatisfied....ill go to BMW canada and then to bmw NA....
if the car did sustain damage...and parts were replaced...is it too much to demand a brand new 2010?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
shaunt
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3

Demand a 2011 Goddamnit!
      02-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Your avatar is disturbing... in a very good way.

Back to the business at hand... what I should do in your position?

Well, other than asking directly about what a "The BMW Store" sticker is doing in the suspension parts of your M3, I will be very careful in getting the car inspected by them with your aftermarket springs installed as they can turn around and then blame you.

You know, if they are in the mood to complicate this issue.

So if you are going to pursue this to the last consecuences then be quick to submit your complaint, be polite but professional at all times with your evidence and please be reasonable if in fact something was wrong with your car and your dealer did not disclose it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #12
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Your avatar is disturbing... in a very good way.

Back to the business at hand... what I should do in your position?

Well, other than asking directly about what a "The BMW Store" sticker is doing in the suspension parts of your M3, I will be very careful in getting the car inspected by them with your aftermarket springs installed as they can turn around and then blame you.

You know, if they are in the mood to complicate this issue.

So if you are going to pursue this to the last consecuences then be quick to submit your complaint, be polite but professional at all times with your evidence and please be reasonable if in fact something was wrong with your car and your dealer did not disclose it.
they cant blame me....I took delivery of the car from The BMW Store on January 9th.....and the picture clearly shows their dealership on one of the stickers...so i didnt order the part..nor installed it and they wont have any records of me bringing in the car to have it installed or placed an order.
im writing the email right now and have taken the emotion out of it....had to re write it twice because I was getting pissed as i was doing it...lol
looking forward to their reply...and it better be good!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
they cant blame me....I took delivery of the car from The BMW Store on January 9th.....and the picture clearly shows their dealership on one of the stickers...so i didnt order the part..nor installed it and they wont have any records of me bringing in the car to have it installed or placed an order.
im writing the email right now and have taken the emotion out of it....had to re write it twice because I was getting pissed as i was doing it...lol
looking forward to their reply...and it better be good!!!
Well thats a first step brother, but seriously if you have decided that you want to demand a new vehicle be very admant about it then when you discuss it with them!!!

Tell them why the fuck did you sell me a new car when it was used?

I mean you could get soem compensation on that, but push for a new car if you can, I mean i dont know what I would have done!

However, do follow up with them and even visit them if you have to and take it up with the owners.

Again, remember as others have said, be very polite, but assertive and strong when making your points!!!

Good luck to you!

and p.s. is this brain jessels store? because i know he has another BMW store in Vancouver with his name too. Hes a great guy and would do something about this, if hes the dealer principal here.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Well thats a first step brother, but seriously if you have decided that you want to demand a new vehicle be very admant about it then when you discuss it with them!!!

Tell them why the fuck did you sell me a new car when it was used?

I mean you could get soem compensation on that, but push for a new car if you can, I mean i dont know what I would have done!

However, do follow up with them and even visit them if you have to and take it up with the owners.

Again, remember as others have said, be very polite, but assertive and strong when making your points!!!

Good luck to you!

and p.s. is this brain jessels store? because i know he has another BMW store in Vancouver with his name too. Hes a great guy and would do something about this, if hes the dealer principal here.
no...its not Jessels store...too bad though....thx for the advice!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I would be livid. There is nothing worse than suspension damage. It is something that is hard to fix and whether it is back to "stock" is impossible to quantify.

How many miles did your car have when you bought it?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
I would be livid. There is nothing worse than suspension damage. It is something that is hard to fix and whether it is back to "stock" is impossible to quantify.

How many miles did your car have when you bought it?
it had 60 kms when i took delivery...it now has on 700kms...not even past the break in period yet!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #17
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
it had 60 kms when i took delivery...it now has on 700kms...not even past the break in period yet!!!
I hope you are taken care of one way or another. I can't imagine why you would have those parts on the car unless someone drove the car over some curbs in those first 60 kms. If that is the case, I would be worried that the first 60k were HARD kilometers. In any case, I do hope that you are either taken care of or there is a simple explanation to put you at rest.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
no...its not Jessels store...too bad though....thx for the advice!
No worries, let me know, if you need to get in touch with someone at BMW Canada.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

I found out later that my front bumper had been repainted by BMW because it was scratched in port.
It was fully re-done and done properly, so it didn't bother me.

It happens more often then we probably think.
      02-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #20
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
It happens more often then we probably think.
+1

I wouldn't be surprised if the number of cars requiring some sort of action at the VPC, other than coding updated software, was on the order of 1-2%. Of course that includes everything from a driver oops to taking a paint run out of a fuel door (which I watched being done - expert job, amazing really what they can do at the VPC).
      02-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

I personally believe the BMW store is the best dealer in Vancouver, however, I did have a problem when I picked up my M3 from them 2 weeks ago, I found a small chip right under the rear taillight, paint was damaged...I was f**king pissed off.
The sales person is my friend, he grabbed the manager to talk to me.
The manager asked me to come back in 3 months, and he will fix this chip along with any other chips that I will have on my front & rear bumper for free, if there is any. I thought that was probably the best solution under such scenario (my car is an Edition model, couldn't get another replacement).

I suggest you to go to the dealer, talk to them, I believe the BMW Store will give you a good explanation and a fair solution. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #22
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
I personally believe the BMW store is the best dealer in Vancouver, however, I did have a problem when I picked up my M3 from them 2 weeks ago, I found a small chip right under the rear taillight, paint was damaged...I was f**king pissed off.
The sales person is my friend, he grabbed the manager to talk to me.
The manager asked me to come back in 3 months, and he will fix this chip along with any other chips that I will have on my front & rear bumper for free, if there is any. I thought that was probably the best solution under such scenario (my car is an Edition model, couldn't get another replacement).

I suggest you to go to the dealer, talk to them, I believe the BMW Store will give you a good explanation and a fair solution. Good luck.
Why havent you posted pictures of that bad boy yet

+ 1 I agree, seems like the dealer has issues like these ongoing, maybe even mention this to them and tell them to get there act together otherwise you are going to take legal action
Appreciate 0