BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
ArmyEngineer25
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 HPF's Stage 1 Turbo

Taking over a Lease?

I am looking to take over a lease of a M3 but I have no idea on how to do so...Do I need a lot of money down on the car? Need really good credit? Need a personal bank to buy the current loan out? If someone could explain the process that would be great.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
Res Ipsa
Local LOLyer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
A lease assumption is just that-- assumption. You're stepping into the shoes of the current lessee, and if completed, you will assume all of the responsibilities and liabilities as the new lessee, releasing the prior lessee from those obligations under the lease contract.

You don't have to put anything down. You just have to find someone looking to get out of their lease. If their lease is through BMWFS, you will pay a fee ($400 or so) and BMWFS will run your credit application just as if you were going to get a new lease. If approved, the parties exchange some legal documentation and BMWFS finalizes the transfer. Obviously you'll need good credit.
      05-10-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
EJ_92606
Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 550i; '11 R1200GS

To add to the previous explanation, some lessees will ask for a payment to cover a significant cap cost reduction they made when they purchased the car or if the car is substantially under on its mileage. Conversely, others may offer a cash payment to assume the lease if their payment is above market or if they've used more than their pro-rata share of miles or the car is less desirable for some reason. Frankly it usually doesn't work out. The typical person that is trying to exit a lease is the same type of person that doesn't research the original purchase and ends up paying way over market. Shop around...you might be able to lease a brand new car for less than many lease assumption offers that are out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
ArmyEngineer25
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 HPF's Stage 1 Turbo

Awsome...Thanks alot guys.....Im looking to get into between a 03-05 M3 so I will probably just try to buy one instead of a lease assumption. I have money but dont want to buy a car outright plus i want the left over for a new HPF's stage 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Try LeaseTrader.com and SwapaLease.com. Hint: dont rush into anything, be patient and you will find a good fit.

In order for you to be able to contact someone on those sites who wants to give up a lease, the site has to approve you. Then you can contact any lister.

BMW Financial will have to run your credit ($400)

the buyer MIGHT ask for money up front. Some of these guys have put $5-10k down on a lease and they are only a year into it. They might want some of that down payment for you to take a lease.

Ive got some great assumptions in the past. Good Luck!