BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
vogelfanger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M Roadster

Navigation bug on NJTP?

So I was driving south down the New Jersey Turnpike yesterday and my 09 iDrive kept telling me to exit at every exit and loop around the exit and get back onto the highway. It's almost as if the iDrive didn't think the highway was connected at the exits. Has anyone else experienced that? It was just annoying to have the iDrive voice telling me to get off at every exit.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
sardius
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Yeap, mine is MY2011 so I figure it would have the latest updated maps. A few times '11 iDrive tells me exactly the same thing, to get off the hwy, make a loop and back on to the hwy. Once it told me to exit the hwy, make a U-turn and get back on the hwy.
      08-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
monaco1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

i am having the same issue i live in bergen county and have gone down to philly a couple times and down the shore a couple times and every time it tells me to get off every exit very annoying i had the car in for service the dealer checked the system said there was nothing wrong they told me i needed to update my maps to newest version but they wanted me to pay i told them no thanks
      08-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Barry45RPM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 MB E550, 2010 128i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco1 View Post
i am having the same issue i live in bergen county and have gone down to philly a couple times and down the shore a couple times and every time it tells me to get off every exit very annoying i had the car in for service the dealer checked the system said there was nothing wrong they told me i needed to update my maps to newest version but they wanted me to pay i told them no thanks
Call BMW. If there is a defect with the NAV Disc/Data that requires you purchase a later version, it is NOT your fault, and the disc/Data should be replaced by BMW at no charge. Obviously your dealer feels there is a data error within the map data.

The same thing happened with a version of NAVTEQ's Discs for Mercedes E Class in 2008. There was a routing problem with that version of the map data on the DVD wherein wherever there were car pool or "express lanes" the NAV told drivers to exit & re-enter. MB notified NAVTEQ, and all of the discs were replaced for free with the next release.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
BMW_x5_Msport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5f15

yeah it happened to me and i was like wtf ?
premium package
sport package
comfort access
premium hi-fi system
navigation that plays dvds
real time trafic ect.
ipod,hd,sat,
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
arsenyc
www.BottleneckGallery.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C / F87 M2C

happens to me all the time on the NJTP/GSP..etc, the NAV is such a POS...its only good for the screen and for general location whereabouts lol
      09-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
rocketman99
Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '24 X1 M35

Does it happen when you're in the car only lanes or does it happen all the time? I get that exit and get back on routing every time I get on the turnpike in the express/cars only lane. It doesn't happen if I take the everything lanes. Seems there's a glitch in the programming for the GPS software that assumes we're driving a truck.
Appreciate 0