BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

07-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
lawjizams
M IS THE KING!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 SSII

Ipod Interface Consistently Reading

Hello All,

A few weeks ago I was going to the store with my girlfriend. When I got to the store she decided to wait in the car until I get back and wanted to listen to her music on her iTouch. I told her that she could hook it up to the car and listen to the music through the car rather with her headset. I was showing her how to do it and plugged it up in the center console right after I disconnected my iPhone which was working fine. I noticed on the nav display that her music didnt show up but her phone was recognized. I was thinking maybe it was her itouch and reconnected it again. Her phone was recognized and the music was seen and able to play a song. Next minute it stopped and the phone disconnected. I then just tried the aux input and let her control the music right off her Itouch and went into the store thinking it may be just her Itouch.

When I came back she told me that the music would'nt play and then play again. I investigated further and noticed that her phone was being disconnected and reconnected while in just the AUX port. I thought maybe it was just her iTouch and decided to reconnect my iPhone. My iPhone has been reconnected to the USB/AUX with the Ipod adapter and my phone can be seen. However I got the same symptoms as with her itouch. The iPhone would show up and the tracks would play but exactly 30 seconds later it would disconnect and read again. Its like the USB interface is stuck in a loop. I did notice an audible chime/ring sound, like if you had a head set and put it in the AUX port of your home stereo and didnt plug it in all the way you get that high pitch audible chime/ring letting you know that the plug wasnt inserted all the way. This chime/ring is heard then my Iphone is disconnected. If I were to plug it up in the just the AUX port and play a song off my Iphone. It would play for 30 secs and then that same sound would kick in and disconnected the phone and reconnect later with the music playing on. This would consistently happen in a 15-30 second intervals.

I noticed one big thing next. When I disconnect the iPhone from the USB/AUX input. You would think that in the Idrive menu for devices. It would say disconnected. Instead it would still show up as reading as if its looking for a device that is not there. I dont know if something is grounded or what. I took it to the dealer Tuesday last week and they ordered not one but two y-cable adapters. The issue is still ongoing at the moment and my SA informed me that they have contacted BMW's techinical guys for assistance.

I'm hoping this will get resolved soon. Sucks that this has gone this long. Everything else in Idrive works great. I can still import music through the glove box fine and sync up my bluetooth on the phone. Only thing is the USB interface. Has anyone ran into this type of problem before? I have the iPhone 3GS on firmware version 3.1.3. Also my girl friends iTouch is the latest generation. Sorry for the long read.

Thanks
Appreciate 0