BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

FINALLY! iCarbon Seatbacks For Sale!

We are thrilled to announce that DTMrack.com has now become iCarbon Designs' LARGEST stocking distributor.

You've seen them before in the teaser thread and here they are!

iCarbon//Carbon Fiber seat backs. Yet another inventive piece by the well respected manufacturer that leads the market in 1 series production pieces and style.

DTMrack.com prides itself in only carrying products that meet strict quality standards. iCarbon's carbon fiber pieces are manufactured using Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) manufacturing methods. This ensures superior structural properties, that yield a perfect fitment, finish, weave pattern, and competition grade carbon fiber. (To learn more about why this makes a HUGE difference in the final CF product please read our article CARBON FIBER 101 by clicking here.)

PRICING:

iCarbon 1 series Seatbacks (Set of 2) MSRP $629

Introductory offer combined with signature discount $479.00
Shipping is $20.00 anywhere in the Continental U.S.

QUANTITIES ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED SO DO NOT WAIT.

To get the Signature discount you must apply the following banner to your signature and display it for no less than one month.

GET SIGNATURE BANNER URL--->HERE.

To purchase items contact us through PM, or by emailing sales@DTMrack.com, or call us at 786.273.7404 for any other purchase you are welcome to visit our website www.DTMrack.com

Cheers and Happy Shopping!

Regards,

DTMrack Sales Team
[Ask. Learn. Shop.]

Last edited by DTMrack.com; 10-22-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Dam!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Last edited by DTMrack.com; 10-22-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
natrotciv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

theyre actually not as sick as i would have imaginedd :/ and lol at your post count DTM, 135 ftw!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrotciv View Post
theyre actually not as sick as i would have imaginedd :/ and lol at your post count DTM, 135 ftw!

hahaha DTMrack.com isn't allowed to post any more to preserve the integrity of the post count

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #6
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Ummm what lol?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Ummm what lol?
Planes, trains & Automobiles
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
onefastman
Major General
Rep

First time I have said this but I kinda wish I had a vert
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Planes, trains & Automobiles
Also Family guy made a nice reference to it

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
BSM 135i
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' BSM E82

what about the dry carbon versions? iCarbon said they also had those available
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #13
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 135i View Post
what about the dry carbon versions? iCarbon said they also had those available

Would dry carbon hold up better in the extreme interior heat during the summer?

I wish these came out earlier, I cant get these now

You say quanities are limited, are these it forever or are these going to be continuously made?

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:39 AM   #14
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
+1

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #15
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Dry carbon is not the process but just the rtm process with a coating on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Lol...see we do have advantages

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Sal@DTMrack.com
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

The first batch of these is extremely limited! And they are all glossy, the dry CF version will be coming but they are not currently in stock.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

You say quanities are limited, are these it forever or are these going to be continuously made?
Quantities are very limited because this is the absolute first batch of this ever made. iCarbon likes to take risks and put stuff out there just because. However, demand will probably decide whether or not they will get made again. It's a very unique product. Amazing but clearly for those who want their car pristine to the last detail.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

Hey! Remember that our DRY carbon is a finish, not a manufacturing process . Our parts are still made by closed mold vacuum assisted resin transfer molding, with the difference between DRY and Gloss being in the type of clear coat used.

Both finishes are EXTREMELY heat resistant. The heat that is possible in an interior doesn't even compare to that of an exhaust for example, and we've had diffusers rubbing up against exhausts for a year and a half, and they looks brand new. Fading of the clear-coat has more to do with the actual sun rather than heat, and even then, we still take several measures to ensure sun-fading never happens. We use a clear-coat made by MIPA, which is a German-based company that is an OEM partner for several car manufactures, including BMW

For engine covers, intakes (yeah, we just said that! ) and other pieces that take a very serious amount of heat, we use a different type of epoxy resin and clear coat that is even more heat-resistant both in terms of fading, and in structural integrity. But, we only use that in extreme heat-intense circumstances. These raw epoxy resins and clear coats cost upwards of 3 times more than traditional resins and clears, but as you guys all know, we decided to go well above and beyond what others use for any sort of under-hood carbon fiber parts

- Andy
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #20
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Quantities are very limited because this is the absolute first batch of this ever made. iCarbon likes to take risks and put stuff out there just because. However, demand will probably decide whether or not they will get made again. It's a very unique product. Amazing but clearly for those who want their car pristine to the last detail.
Yeah I wish I could jump on this, but I guess I was a week too early into buying myself an iPad for my birthday, lol. These seatbacks will have to wait

EDIT: I'll think about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
Hey! Remember that our DRY carbon is a finish, not a manufacturing process . Our parts are still made by closed mold vacuum assisted resin transfer molding, with the difference between DRY and Gloss being in the type of clear coat used.

Both finishes are EXTREMELY heat resistant. The heat that is possible in an interior doesn't even compare to that of an exhaust for example, and we've had diffusers rubbing up against exhausts for a year and a half, and they looks brand new. Fading of the clear-coat has more to do with the actual sun rather than heat, and even then, we still take several measures to ensure sun-fading never happens. We use a clear-coat made by MIPA, which is a German-based company that is an OEM partner for several car manufactures, including BMW

For engine covers, intakes (yeah, we just said that! ) and other pieces that take a very serious amount of heat, we use a different type of epoxy resin and clear coat that is even more heat-resistant both in terms of fading, and in structural integrity. But, we only use that in extreme heat-intense circumstances. These raw epoxy resins and clear coats cost upwards of 3 times more than traditional resins and clears, but as you guys all know, we decided to go well above and beyond what others use for any sort of under-hood carbon fiber parts

- Andy
Thanks Andy for the info, I was just wondering. I had a CF hood on my last car that didnt handle the engine temps all that well. It might have been the sun too, but I think it was the engine. It wasnt the best quality either, so go figure, haha.

BTW, ***cough***N55 engine cover***cough***

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #21
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Cough n54 cover and intake
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #22
enigma135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible

Sorry if this is bit stupid...but how is the installation on these?