BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
rxt27
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Frozen Gray E92 M3

Introduction and Matt clear bra for Frozen gray?

Hello everyone,

New here to the forum. Just took delivery of the one and only frozen gray here in Indonesia. I am very very excited and happy The color is amazing and pictures do not do justice for the color. Anyway, I will post pics soon

One thing amazes me is the DCT. I have driven 6MT all my life and track my cars as well, last one being a 996 C4S. I had doubts at first as to go with DCT or 6MT. I would think I will lose some of the involvement and fun factor if I go with DCT. But no regrets now. Its amazingly quick and the best part is the perfect downshift it makes as you hear the engine and exhaust comes to life as the rpm goes up. Its frustrating that I can't go above 5500rpm as now it has only 190km on the clock.

I have a question regarding clear bra for the matt paint. My detailer is not brave enough to cover the car with V Shield for fear of pulling out the paint together with the film should I decide to remove the bra. Has anyone experience with the clear bra on frozen paint? Will removing the clear bra pull out the paint as well? Now the car has just 190 km on the clock, but there are stone chips already on the bottom side skirts, and being a perfectionist, this fact saddens me. I plan to keep this car for a long time as it will be the only one in Indonesia. There are no bodyshops here who have any experience with matt paint. Therefore, I have to be very careful driving it as the roads here are unbelievably full of potholes.

Cheers everyone
Richard
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

You'll be fine. There is nothing different or special about the Frozen finishes other than the clear coat being flat instead of glossy.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Yeah I have to agree that there's nothing special about the coating. Your dealer doesn't know anything. However putting a clear bra on the car will ruin it. I'd recommend spraying some matt clearcoat on the clear bra material before applying it. I actually helped a friend spray matt clearcoat on clear vinyl to do a clear bra for his matt black car. We weren't sure if a clear bra material would hold paint, but you're welcome to try and use clear vinyl as a back up.
Appreciate 0