BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

12-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
J BONE
The Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 F15 X6

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [9.00]
Viper SmartStart?

Anyone using the viper smartstart on their cars? Been looking into some remote start units as I have had them in the past and loved them. This one looks pretty nice. You can start the car with your phone. Question, knowing nothing about this kind of stuff, is how will it work with CA? Obviously don't want it to interfer with the CA or OEM alarm system. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

http://viper.com/SmartStart/
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J BONE View Post
Anyone using the viper smartstart on their cars? Been looking into some remote start units as I have had them in the past and loved them. This one looks pretty nice. You can start the car with your phone. Question, knowing nothing about this kind of stuff, is how will it work with CA? Obviously don't want it to interfer with the CA or OEM alarm system. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

http://viper.com/SmartStart/
I looked into that too but did you read about the ridiculous 300 dollar registration fee just to activate that feature?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
GooseInOz
GooseInOz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 550xi

It works!

Picked up my '07 550i yesterday after having the SmartStart system installed.

It works great! Really love getting into a warm car at end of the day (and will love a cool car come summer time).

Not sure how it's going to work with CA. In the process we discovered one of my keys was messed up. I'd already ordered an additional key so I guess I won't know for sure until it arrives. For now, when I get in the car I have to insert the fob into the ignition and sometimes re-start the car.

Even if the new key doesn't solve the problem it's a minor issue.
Appreciate 0