BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

12-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Budge
Professional Trophy Husband
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Sedan DCT

Out of nowhere...I now have Sat radio?!

I just bought a used '09 M3 sedan from a BMW dealer. I was told the car had the non-enhanced sound system and no satellite radio. And I tried to use it when I picked up the car, and the system said not available or something. Yesterday, I got a letter from BMW to register for BMW Assist. And today, all of a sudden, the Sirius radio is on. I wonder if the previous owner added it (because it wasn't listed as feature when I had the dealer pull the VIN) and never activated it. Maybe he also never registered for BMW Assist?

So I don't know how I got it or how long I have it for. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
dpsfm3
M enthusiast. BMW CCA member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 7MDCT AW loaded

I would just enjoy it :-)

If it stops one day, just call Sirius and add a subscription - they'll either ask you for your ESN # or VIN #. I love satellite radio. I also subscribe to Internet satellite radio - it's only $3 per month. It's great when you have people over you just connect your laptop to your home theatre and put your favorite station on and enjoy :-)
      12-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Budge
Professional Trophy Husband
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Sedan DCT

I called Sirius yesterday, and they said the dealership activated it for one year for me. But the dealership had no record of this car having Sirius. The previous owner must have added it. Woohoo!
Appreciate 0