BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Unhappy Never ending DSC error, possible lemon

I have been getting a DSC error intermittently over the past 2k miles or so. yesterday was a good example of what the triggers might be. it was about 50 when i put it in the garage and 26 when i left this morning. it never triggers while driving but only after start up and within 1-100 feet of driving. it has been in the shop twice now. the first time they replaced the idle valve (which i thought was cleared up back in 2009), and the second time they replaced the actuator rod for the idle vale control. today i am dropping off the car again for the third time for the same identical reason.

In MA the lemon law is same trouble 3 times or 15 days with out your car, at least from what i have read. i purchased the car in RI so do i have to use their lemon law?

will i lose money on a buy back, anyone have a similar story?

2011 E90 M3 ~5K miles

UPDATE: they opened up a puma case and bmw gave them the green light to reprogram the car everything has been working fine since, knock on wood.

UPDATE: 4.3.2012 - 12,000 miles no return of issue during last winter, i think its safe to say that the coding did the trick.

Last edited by audioMeth; 04-03-2012 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
WillC310
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A car

Cant say for sure in MA, but in CA you basically just pay a "usage fee" which is typically pretty minimal. You probably won't be out a lot of $.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

I am also in MA and have gotten the DSC message about six times over the last two years. It has always been on a cold morning or starting in an icy spot. It has never come on while driving and goes away afterr a restart. I have always written it off as a glitch and wouldn't think of lemoning the car over it.

Have you had any direct problems from the DSC error or any serious issues with the car?
      03-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
I am also in MA and have gotten the DSC message about six times over the last two years. It has always been on a cold morning or starting in an icy spot. It has never come on while driving and goes away afterr a restart. I have always written it off as a glitch and wouldn't think of lemoning the car over it.

Have you had any direct problems from the DSC error or any serious issues with the car?

once i restart it goes away, i also wrote it off at first as a gitch but it comes on multiple times a week.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

It sounds like yours happens way more often. I have noticed if I am in a real hurry and backup just after starting the car I am more likely to get the error message. Also, I have never seen it when temps are above 50.

I hope you can get it sorted out.