BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
dunkyduncs
Rep
Drives: 2012 125i Convertible MSport

Just collected! But annoying Bluetooth echo?

Just got home from collecting my car!

Absolutely in love! The space grey looks amazing!

The only gripes i have so far is bluetooth with an iphone 4 has a terrible echo for the people calling me...

that and when when plugging in my iphone into the usb port with a stock standard iphone data cable... the radio tells me the cable is not supported?! lol

has anyone else had the bluetooth issue? Could it have something to do with the HK sound system and the logic option being ticked?

will post pics tomorrow
      01-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
dry_heat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'd recommend turning down the volume. My ex-girlfriend had bluetooth in her car and if she had the volume high, the echo was absolutely horrendous. Once she turned it down, it all but disappeared and was still very easy to talk to her. Find the lowest volume you can still hear with without any issue and see if that solves the problem.

Assuming you've already done that, then... I have no further suggestions.

As far as the cable no working, you need to get a Y Cable in order to play back any non-MP3 audio files from your phone, as well as to control the music from your stereo. I just bought one on amazon for $20 a few days ago, got it in less than 24 hours. Too bad my iPod won't boot up anymore and my iPhone 4S case doesn't offer enough space for the plug on the Y cable!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Depending on the model year of the car a Y cable isn't required. On the 2010's and up just a regular ipod cable can be used. I know thats all I use and it works great. on blutooth I don't have issues.
      01-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
dunkyduncs
Rep

hmm going to play around with the bluetooth today.. the volume wasn't loud at all!

As for the ipod cable.. i actually used the cable that came with my iphone lol and it still claimed the cable wasn't supported on the radio display. I'm not too phased about that tho.. i'm rather going to use a flash drive for mp3s as i have a dashboard mount for my iphone and would use it for navigation

other than that.. i just want to drive.. drive.. drive! i love this car! My first convertible!
      01-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
BimmerEnthusiast99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 X5d; '10 335; '09 128

The echo for my cars has been periodic, happens time to time, but not on most calls. I've had 4 BMWs with bluetooth/cell phone connections, and they've all done it a few times.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
dunkyduncs
Rep

well tried it with another phone... still got the echo.. every time.. so the car is going back to the dealer on monday.. hopefully they can fix it!
      01-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

There are some dealer accessible settings for the BT for echo IIRC... good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
dunkyduncs
Rep

I hope so!

busy uploading photos as we speak
      01-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
mrow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions
Depending on the model year of the car a Y cable isn't required. On the 2010's and up just a regular ipod cable can be used. I know thats all I use and it works great. on blutooth I don't have issues.
This is false. The Y cable is only not needed if you have nav. If you don't you need the Y cable. I had a 2011 128i with no nav and it had to have the Y cable. My 1M has nav and will work with the regular iPod cable. They are both 2011s. Any car without nav should have included the Y cable if you bought it new from the dealer. Look in your owners manual case, that is where it comes. If its not there go back to the dealer and tell them to give it to you. There have been reports of dealers removing them from new cars and then trying to get the customer to pay for them.

As far as the echo: I had a 2011 128i that I used with both an iPhone 4 and 4S and never heard any complaints about echo. I have a 1M now that I've used with a 4S and again, no complaints about echo.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
mrow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions
This is false. The Y cable is only not needed if you have nav. If you don't you need the Y cable. I had a 2011 128i with no nav and it had to have the Y cable. My 1M has nav and will work with the regular iPod cable. They are both 2011s. Any car without nav should have included the Y cable if you bought it new from the dealer. Look in your owners manual case, that is where it comes. If its not there go back to the dealer and tell them to give it to you. There have been reports of dealers removing them from new cars and then trying to get the customer to pay for them.

As far as the echo: I had a 2011 128i that I used with both an iPhone 4 and 4S and never heard any complaints about echo. I have a 1M now that I've used with a 4S and again, no complaints about echo.
Actually, just saw you were in South Africa. I don't know if the Y cable is included there or not. I know it is in the US.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #11
dunkyduncs
Rep

So it was at the dealer yesterday.. they claim they can't fix it until they get hold of the latest software. Apparently the latest they have is ver 45 and ver 47 allegedly fixes the bluetooth issue...

seems kind of bizarre considering its not a new model car and it left the factory a month ago.. you would expect the factory to load the latest version on surely?!