BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
jetpack30
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Sound System Questions

I have the Base Stereo (no tweeters)

I installed a Cleansweep. I ran the rear deck speaker lines to the 2nd channel of the Cleansweep and it flashed that the signal is not a full range signal. Is this because of an inline capacitor or is that coming straight the from the deck that way? Do you guys normally just run the front channel to both channels of the Cleansweep or are you using the Signal Summing Interface?

Also, where is the inline capacitor for the front speakers?

Finally, I'm getting the SWS-8x for under the seats and was wondering about the "Spacer". Is it necessary? If so, why?

Thank you
J
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Fortunately, all this has been answered.

- Earthquake says the SWS woofers bolt right in. "Smeagol lied."

Note the notch that doesn't seal. Also, the SWS are too deep without at least slight spacing.

From Jan 2010, my post about the electrical signal response of the F and R speakers - here's the rear-channel output:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338597

You know, our kits have plug-in harnesses which take care of all this... as well as the ring adapters, and all the other parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
jetpack30
Rep

Thank you for your answer.

Do you happen to know where the inline crossover is for the front speakers? Or, am i safe running the fronts and underseats on the same channel of the amp?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

If there is a crossover, it's on the speaker. Supposedly iDrive cars don't have them.

No, but why would you want to do that?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
jetpack30
Rep

After thinking about it, you're right I wouldn't want to run them on the same channel.

So do you sell the spacers or only jt sherri?

Also, I checked out your web site, saw the comment when I hovered over the rear speakers , and I've seen your other comments about rear speakers so I decided to give unhooking them a try. Totally changed the sound for the better. With them hooked up, it was throwing off the stereo sound for lack of a better way to describe it.

Thanks
J
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

We usually don't sell parts. We sell gear AND parts bundled, because that's the only way to make the business work out. But sometimes we work something out when people are getting some other gear too - shoot us an email.

Glad someone noticed that and glad you like it that way.
Appreciate 0