BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
spr
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3; e92 ESS650+ M3

TCU reflashing for replacing turn signal stock???

I took my car in for a list of little issues rattles etc. as it is just coming off factor warranty. I would have thought I would have received it back in a day or two. However, I'm told they need it longer as they can't get the TCU to code properly. There was nothing wrong with the TCU. They were replacing the turn signal stock due to rattles that I never experienced with it. I debated even taking it in. I sent an email of my concern in response to being told of the TCU issues. I'm really worried they did something to my car while there.

I had an AMG a few cars before that a dealer did something with the TCU and then it always had a problem thereafter and I had to lemon it out. Thus, I don't trust mechanics for anything. I love this car and the tranny was perfect when I took it in and am honestly scared shitless they fucked something up. Ideas? I've already documented everything in emails.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
spr
Major
Rep

Nothing????
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Well...I understand you being concerned after the described AMG problem. But maybe they found something else, and as long as they can fully describe why they're working on the computer, it may work out better.

Don't sweat the problem until it actually happens?

Cheers - and good luck!

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
roddyc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW M5

I had my turn signal stalk replaced under warranty (for rattles as well) and they had to reflash the car to complete installation. They didn't specifically mention the TCU, but as I understand it, the dealership only has the capability to reflash all modules at once.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
spr
Major
Rep

Thanks. The service advisor called me today and tole me they were having issues as the combox was added and their computer thinks the car still has the mulf. Sounds like the tech missed this? She advised me they have to code the car for the steering angle sensor to talk to the turn signal. This also concerns me as I've read horror stories of tech's screwing this up the steering angle sensor. Ugh. I should not have taken the car in. The stalk wasn't even rattling!!!!!
Appreciate 0