BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Should my rear console be leather like the front?

My exterior mirrors seem to always be blue. I don't remember that on my other M. I remember they auto dimmed but on the new M they are a dark blue all the time. Is that how they all are?

And my rear console with lid is titanium shadow colored but I thought it was going to be made out of the same material as the front console. If you have have aluminum trim or carbon leather then is the rear console in that material?

Last edited by deletedelete; 08-03-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
My exterior mirrors seem to always be blue. I don't remember that on my other M. I remember they auto dimmed but on the new M they are a dark blue all the time. Is that how they all are?

And my rear console with lid is titanium shadow colored but I thought it was going to be made out of the same material as the front console. If you have have aluminum trim or carbon leather then is the rear console in that material?
The rear console is black leather covered like the front console. On the M3 the center consoles are black leather no matter what trim you have. The only exception is the gloss carbon fiber trim from BMW performance (not the carbon leather).
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
The rear console is black leather covered like the front console. On the M3 the center consoles are black leather no matter what trim you have. The only exception is the gloss carbon fiber trim from BMW performance (not the carbon leather).
Mine isn't leather. Its the black plastic titanium trim. I just went out to double check.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony
Quote:
Mine isn't leather. Its the black plastic titanium trim. I just went out to double check.
Check real oem. I think if you get titanium shadow the rear console is titanium shadow as well. If you get the optional trims, then the rear is leather. Not sure though.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
Check real oem. I think if you get titanium shadow the rear console is titanium shadow as well. If you get the optional trims, then the rear is leather. Not sure though.
Oh damn it does look like there are different part numbers on real oem. Thats ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

To check your side mirrors hold your finger over the sensor in your rear view. You should be able to see it dim
      08-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
To check your side mirrors hold your finger over the sensor in your rear view. You should be able to see it dim
Yeah I just don't remember the mirrors being blue even when the car is off and they aren't dimming. I thought they were normal clear mirror colored on my other m. These are blue all the time.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

Quote:
Two pieces of wrong information. The center console on the black/palladium interior is silver, not black. Same with Red/black interior has red center console.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwong View Post
Two pieces of wrong information. The center console on the black/palladium interior is silver, not black. Same with Red/black interior has red center console.
You may be missunderstanding me. I think you must be talking about the side of the console on extended leather cars. There are no M3's with red or silver leather on the top of the center consoles OEM (aka the "console trim"). The top of the console is always black leather. Based on the above posts it sounds like some have seen the rear console in a different finish. I have yet to see that unless someone switched the trim.

Furthermore, the two-tone interior cars that you reference are not available with extended leather. All of the two tone interiors have black plastic on the sides of the consoles. I think you are the one with "two pieces of wrong information".

Please show me one car in this thread that has silver leather trim on the top of the center console:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81153
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 08-03-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0