BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
question about iphone audio sync

so i've sync'd my iphone 5C (running ios7) to the idrive system for voice and music. everything i get into my car and start it, my phone starts playing music immediately and automatically.

is there a setting on my phone that can remove this 'autoplay'? or is there something in idrive that can? it's quite annoying!

i've tried looking for a setting to change this, but either i'm overlooking it (likely!) or it doesn't exist?

thanks for the help with my dumb question!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
well i guess this isn't an original question, is it!?

am finding LOTS of complaints about this online. has anyone found a solution besides manually having to stop the music?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I can tell you as I paired up my new Samsung Galaxy phone yesterday, maybe go into the bluetooth/phone menu in the idrive and just turn off/uncheck the audio/music option with your phone? Of course this will be useless if that's how you typically play your music in your car (through your phone).

I just play my music through the USB with a cheap 2 GB flash drive under the armrest and update that every couple of weeks.

Your other option might be to just transfer your music to the car's hard drive and play your music that way?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I can tell you as I paired up my new Samsung Galaxy phone yesterday, maybe go into the bluetooth/phone menu in the idrive and just turn off/uncheck the audio/music option with your phone? Of course this will be useless if that's how you typically play your music in your car (through your phone).

I just play my music through the USB with a cheap 2 GB flash drive under the armrest and update that every couple of weeks.

Your other option might be to just transfer your music to the car's hard drive and play your music that way?
yeah i might have to just do that with the USB drive or uploading the music in. probably more efficient than streaming music out of the phone anyways (as far as the phone's battery, etc)

it seems there is no way to remove the 'autoplay' function as it gets automatically triggered by the car's bluetooth system.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
yeah i might have to just do that with the USB drive or uploading the music in. probably more efficient than streaming music out of the phone anyways (as far as the phone's battery, etc)

it seems there is no way to remove the 'autoplay' function as it gets automatically triggered by the car's bluetooth system.
Here's my question, as I think it just defaults to playing whatever the last source was (though I've never streamed through my phone). Are you playing music through the phone when you turn the car off? Or is it just that the minute it senses your phone, bam, it starts playing music?

I guess the other way to stop it, or try stopping it then is perhaps hitting the RADIO button on the idrive before you turn it off, or similarly, hit it when you turn on the car to hopefully avert it. But, you might ultimately be better off just transferring your music to the car's hard drive for the sake of your phone's battery.

Another weird glitchy thing I've noticed though is that when I play music from the car's hard drive, it doesn't show the album art and song with full details on the screen (just shows 1-line info as shows list of songs), but if I play through the USB, then I can toggle as I wish between whether I want to see the list of songs or have the full screen with the song's info. Sadly, I like it with the big album art and song details. Much prettier. =)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Here's my question, as I think it just defaults to playing whatever the last source was (though I've never streamed through my phone). Are you playing music through the phone when you turn the car off? Or is it just that the minute it senses your phone, bam, it starts playing music?

I guess the other way to stop it, or try stopping it then is perhaps hitting the RADIO button on the idrive before you turn it off, or similarly, hit it when you turn on the car to hopefully avert it. But, you might ultimately be better off just transferring your music to the car's hard drive for the sake of your phone's battery.

Another weird glitchy thing I've noticed though is that when I play music from the car's hard drive, it doesn't show the album art and song with full details on the screen (just shows 1-line info as shows list of songs), but if I play through the USB, then I can toggle as I wish between whether I want to see the list of songs or have the full screen with the song's info. Sadly, I like it with the big album art and song details. Much prettier. =)
basically it doesn't matter what i was doing....the iphone starts playing music right when i start the car. even if i was on nav or something totally different when i shut the car off---even if i wasn't listening to music when i turned it off. it's very annoying!

guess i'll have to start uploading some tunes into the hard drive...
Appreciate 0