BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
BMAN_128
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

new owner ... stock sound & bluetooth questions

Hi all ... I'm a new 1 series owner and want to make some updates to the stock sound.

When I removed the battery cover in the trunk I found the Combox (see attached image). My car has the USB connection plug + AUX input but no Bluetooth capabilities. I'm assuming that this is the module to enable BT in my car (calls + streaming) but something is missing because my radio doesn't have any of the BT configuration menus. Am I still missing any hardware or is it just a case of coding?

I also have these general question about the stock radio setup in the car.

1. If I removed the stock head unit will I need a radio code to get it working again?

2. Can I add RCA capabilities to the stock radio unit (via some aux cable/harness that plugs straight into the back of the unit)?

3. How do I get a +ve signal from the stock radio to trigger the bass tube to switch on when the radio is switched on? Is there a +ve wire that feeds the Combox that I could use to do this?

4. If I disconnect the battery do I need to recode anything?

One last thing, what the big red thing onto of the battery (orange circle in the picture)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bob
Attached Images

Appreciate 0