BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

04-22-2014, 03:06 AM   #1
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep
Drives: '66 Shelby GT 350

Rotora BBK fitment confirmation

Okay brake gurus...need a little assistance.

I'm looking/thinking about purchasing these (Big Brake Kit 8 Piston Fronts 4 piston Rears http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973703) for my E92. I currently have HRE P43's 19x9.5 fronts and 19x 10.5 rears with a +25 offset on all four corners.

Would these fit?

If these do not fit...what BBK size measurements can I go with?

I was also thinking of going with the AP Radi-cal BBK set but cannot confirm what size Brake kit is compatible with my current wheel setup.

And yes, I have contacted both AP Racing and the seller of the used BBK set...both have replied with "should fit" type answers. I just need a "100%" answer.
      09-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Markao66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

ive just installed my rotora 8 piston in the front i had to go up to 20' wheel since the stock zcp wheel wasnt giving enough clearence... im not sure if you will hjave the same problem, even thou the original owner seems to be on 19'' wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #3
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

The AP brakes are a "sure fit" because they're a small footprint - huge braking potential type of set up. The caliper will be much slimmer than the Rotora kit. I'm +1 for AP racing.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Okay brake gurus...need a little assistance.

I'm looking/thinking about purchasing these (Big Brake Kit 8 Piston Fronts 4 piston Rears http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973703) for my E92. I currently have HRE P43's 19x9.5 fronts and 19x 10.5 rears with a +25 offset on all four corners.

Would these fit?

If these do not fit...what BBK size measurements can I go with?

I was also thinking of going with the AP Radi-cal BBK set but cannot confirm what size Brake kit is compatible with my current wheel setup.

And yes, I have contacted both AP Racing and the seller of the used BBK set...both have replied with "should fit" type answers. I just need a "100%" answer.
When we release an Essex Designed AP Racing Big Brake Kit, we issue a wheel fitment template that allows you to stick it inside your wheel and determine if the brakes will clear without a spacer. For example, you can see the template for our rear kit here.

Here's a pic of someone testing one of our templates inside a wheel (a Corvette in this example):

Our Essex/AP Racing Radi-CAL Pro5000R front kitswill start shipping in a few weeks. We'll have our front fitment template up very soon.

That's the 100% sure way of knowing that they will clear.

Finally, I'm not sure what your goals are with the car, but the performance of our setup is going to far eclipse any of the other options on the market. They may not be painted red and look quite as flashy, but they are by far the most technologically advanced offering available.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #5
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep
Drives: '66 Shelby GT 350

Thanks for the reply Markao & Amir

Essex- I will be contacting you soon. Thanks for the info.