GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Anton Avtoman. (Russian) 40 Min Review!

Anton Avtoman. (Russian ) 40 Min Review

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Just skipped around since I can't understand what they ar saying but that SO M3 looks fantastic!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

40 min! Must include some new impressions. Anyone here who speak Russian that can dig them out and present in English?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
BlackCobra08
King Cobra
Rep
Drives: incoming GTS 4.0

Finally a review with some different colors
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
40 min! Must include some new impressions. Anyone here who speak Russian that can dig them out and present in English?

Yes, I'm interested in hearing any thoughts he has on the M3 vs M4
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

The SO M3 with silver wheels looks pretty sexy.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
The SO M3 with silver wheels looks pretty sexy.
That SO M3 really looked good, really brings out the wide flares.

For some reason all the M3/M4 SO pics and vids look so much more red compared to the M5/M6 pics
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eames View Post
That SO M3 really looked good, really brings out the wide flares.

For some reason all the M3/M4 SO pics and vids look so much more red compared to the M5/M6 pics
True, but so far we haven't seen any pictures or videos under sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Quote:
I can translate the key points of his review. But i gotta watch it first myself, you know 40 mins is a lot...
      05-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #10
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I am gonna try to not point out the obvious and the fact that there could be a difference in skill but on those straightaways; those heavy m5/m6s were running away.
      05-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #11
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep

I never thought AY looked good on the M3, but this video changed my mind about that.

AY M3, with dark tinted windows looks pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I am gonna try to not point out the obvious and the fact that there could be a difference in skill but on those straightaways; those heavy m5/m6s were running away.
I noticed that too, and in various discussions on here it's been pretty much proven that at higher speeds the M5/M6 will easily walk away from the M3/M4
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #12
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eames View Post
I never thought AY looked good on the M3, but this video changed my mind about that.

AY M3, with dark tinted windows looks pretty good

I noticed that too, and in various discussions on here it's been pretty much proven that at higher speeds the M5/M6 will easily walk away from the M3/M4
He said that M6 is quicker and that's a fact. But he said that he can easily be on the tail of M5. Sometimes, those guys didn't put a full throttle and reviewer as well. Also, reviewer claimed that he has better skill of racing than BMW driving experience drivers because he was cutting the corners harder...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #13
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep

Review in English.

At the beginning, he stated the specs of the car and that BMW company was focused to reduce the weight of the car. He highlighted the 2 turbochargers and front fenders, which cool the brakes of the car. Also, before first drive, he mentioned that people don't have to expect the same sound from I-6 in comparison with V8 in E92.

His general impressions:

-Chasis: it's less heavy and has a good aesthetics. He likes the design of the M4.

-Steering: it feels lighter than E92, however the lightest steering is in E39. He likes how it turns on the corners and that you can predict the next movement of the car.

-Engine/Sound: He said that car is powerful and has enough torque, however he was disappointed by acceleration gap. It was not so big, although he felt and complained about it few times. He also mentioned that acceleration is smooth and it doesn't hit you to the seat like it was in E92. The car sounds good and he loved that raspy sound from exhaust.

Interesting facts:
-The accelerator pedal is very sensitive.
-The ceramic brakes are very strong, but they became less effective after 6 laps.
-M4 felt more heavy, but reviewer said that it was a little bit quicker than M3.
-The sitting position in M4 is more comfortable and gives you better road view.

Conclusion:
The new generation of M3/M4 is considered to be a car for an average consumer who wants to get the felling of sporty car. When e92 is supposed to be a car for enthusiast. He mentioned that new M3/M4 is a universal car that is good all around, however it doesn't have this M-spirit like in previous generations. Reviewer claimed that in new gen M3/M4 you don't have to worry so much about driving skills because of many stability features, which help the driver. His last phrase was that car is better in handling, looks better and new technical features are impessive, but he prefers E92 more.

Last edited by Fr1zGum; 05-15-2014 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #14
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr1zGum View Post
Review in English.

At the beggining, he stated the specs of the car and that BMW company was focused to reduce the weight of the car. He highlighted the 2 turbochargers and front fenders, which cool the brakes of the car. Also, before first drive, he stated that people don't have to expect the same sound from I-6 in comparison with V8 in E92.

His general impressions:
-Chasis: it's less heavy and has a good aesthetics. He likes the design of the M4.

-Steering: it feels lighter than E92, however the lightest steering is in E39. He likes how it turns on the corners and that you can predict the next movement of the car.

-Engine/Sound: He said that car is powerful and has enough torque, however he was disappointed by acceleration gap. It was so big, although he felt and complained about it few times. He also mentioned that acceleration is smooth and it doesn't hit you to the seat like it was in E92. The car sounds good and he loved that raspy sound from exhaust.

Interesting facts:
-The accelerator pedal is very sensitive.
-The ceramic brakes are very strong, but they became less effective after 6 laps.
-M4 felt more heavy, but reviewer said that it was a little bit quicker than M3.
-The sitting position in M4 is more comfortable and gives you better road view.

Conclusion:
The new generation of M3/M4 is considered to be a car for an average consumer who wants to get the felling of sporty car. When e92 was supposed to be a car for enthusiast. He mentioned that new M3/M4 is a universal car that is good all around, however it doesn't have this M-spirit like in previous generations. Reviewer claimed that in new gen M3/M4 you don't to worry so much about driving because of many stability features that help the driver. His last phrase was that car is better in handling, looks better and new technical features are used in this car, but he prefers E92 more.
Thank you!!

Do you know what he means by acceleration gap? Is it throttle response, I.e turbo lag?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #15
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Review in English.

Thanks for taking the time to translate for us!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #16
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Thank you!!

Do you know what he means by acceleration gap? Is it throttle response, I.e turbo lag?
For instance, in 19:47 he was kind pissed because he pulled the full throttle and there was a pause before the car started accelerating. So i think it's a turbo lag. He said that it's not like a big deal, but still...
In 23:47 He's saying "why it doesn't catch the moment and accelerate immediately?"

Last edited by Fr1zGum; 05-15-2014 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #17
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
For instance, in 19:47 he was kind pissed because he pulled the full throttle and there was a pause before the car started accelerating. So i think it's a turbo lag. He said that it's not like a big deal, but still...
In 23:47 He's saying "why it doesn't catch the moment and accelerate immediately?"
Thanks again, yeah definitely sounds like he is commenting on turbo lag. So it seems it's quite noticeable, no big surprise really. It's noticeable on the M5 and M6 as well but it's not a disaster, hopefully it's similar to those. Maybe a bit more noticeable due to the natural lungs of the 4.4l V8 of the S63 providing significantly more push off boost than the 3l of the S55.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #18
HappyMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:
Thanks again, yeah definitely sounds like he is commenting on turbo lag. So it seems it's quite noticeable, no big surprise really. It's noticeable on the M5 and M6 as well but it's not a disaster, hopefully it's similar to those. Maybe a bit more noticeable due to the natural lungs of the 4.4l V8 of the S63 providing significantly more push off boost than the 3l of the S55.
Hey guys I speak 100% Russian and I can say that this journalist is the worst ever. He is so stupid, I don't know who the hell let him review cars like this.
The gap he is referring to is not turbo lag!!! It's the dsc cutting power because he is not even in MDM mode and he is so stupid to shout " THE CAR IS SLOWER THAN MY REACTIONS"
This stupid is saying if the car would not pause in turns he would use a COUNTER STEERING TECHNIC and he would walk away from M6 gran coupe. WTF is counter steering technic???
He even never tried the paddles this dump a$$ and never tried different modes of engine, transmission and steering wheel.
This IDIOT sad that M4 feels heavier and steering also is heavier and its strange but he does not know why. It' probably because M4 was in sport plus mode IDIOT.

So guys just watch the video, listen to the sound and enjoy. Don't bother what he thinks.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #19
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post
Hey guys I speak 100% Russian and I can say that this journalist is the worst ever. He is so stupid, I don't know who the hell let him review cars like this.
The gap he is referring to is not turbo lag!!! It's the dsc cutting power because he is not even in MDM mode and he is so stupid to shout " THE CAR IS SLOWER THAN MY REACTIONS"
This stupid is saying if the car would not pause in turns he would use a COUNTER STEERING TECHNIC and he would walk away from M6 gran coupe. WTF is counter steering technic???
He even never tried the paddles this dump a$$ and never tried different modes of engine, transmission and steering wheel.
This IDIOT sad that M4 feels heavier and steering also is heavier and its strange but he does not know why. It' probably because M4 was in sport plus mode IDIOT.

So guys just watch the video, listen to the sound and enjoy. Don't bother what he thinks.
Thanks for that tactfully delivered source criticism
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #20
Fr1zGum
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post

He said that M4 is heavier, but it feels like it's quicker. However, he didn't say anything about steering. In contrary, he was telling all the video that the steering is super light lol. Overall, i agree with your post. His 40 mins video doesn't make any sense cuz he didn't comment anything relevant.
      05-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #21
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
This guy doesn't make a really good rewievs, so they look like amateur rewiev.
All an all at the end he said that this car makes work better on the track than the predesessor and it's made to make everything better, but the e92 m3 with the s65 he liked more and it was more aggressive in the soul of the car.
BUT he drove mostly in D of DCT and DTC on all the time, so the car made all the work, not his. It was prohibited to make DTC off.

And he told that liked the M4 better than than the M3.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #22
jbraslins
Latvian Gangstah
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Melbourne Red 6MT

SO m3 looked stunning! Review sucked.
[SOLD] 2002 TiAg E46 M3 manual
Appreciate 0